Round 1 times and dates post here

Glenbard South at Boylan Catholic ... Saturday at 1 PM
Buffalo Grove at Hononegah ... Friday at 7:15 PM
Lincoln-Way West at MP Harlem ... Saturday at 1 PM
Belvidere North at Lakes ... Friday at 7:30 PM
Rockford East at Simeon ... TBA

Good Luck to the NIC-10 Teams!

Last edited:
Both teams have to agree on the date and time or IHSA sets it for sometime on Saturday.

From my understanding if the coaches can't agree on a date and time the game must be played on Saturday with the home team picking the time.

I know of a former head coach that always wanted to play on Friday nights. If the other coach didn't agree he would always play Saturday 7pm as to keep consistent the time of day they were playing. I highly doubt the IHSA would do him the favor and pick the Saturday time slot he wanted.

From my understanding if the coaches can't agree on a date and time the game must be played on Saturday with the home team picking the time.

I know of a former head coach that always wanted to play on Friday nights. If the other coach didn't agree he would always play Saturday 7pm as to keep consistent the time of day they were playing. I highly doubt the IHSA would do him the favor and pick the Saturday time slot he wanted.

They changed that a while ago after home teams were setting the time at 1pm on ACT Saturday for teams with long drives. If you can not agree on time both teams submit their rational for the time they want on Saturday and IHSA decides.

They changed that a while ago after home teams were setting the time at 1pm on ACT Saturday for teams with long drives. If you can not agree on time both teams submit their rational for the time they want on Saturday and IHSA decides.

Also, remember there are some community impacts as well. For instance, some towns can't have multiple home games at the same time due to the impact on traffic/public service/police

Vernon Hills hosted us for a 4pm Saturday game. They were having a huge swim meet in the morning, and their Fall play at night.

All those expressways will be packed. You need to leave around 2 or 2:30. Find a coffee shop or library in Oak Park (I don't think they have bars) and be ready to kill a few hours. Otherwise, you'll be caught in hopeless traffic.

If you can't leave early, consider Ashland, Western or Cicero to North Avenue. At least you'll be moving.

When I go from Libertyville to Gately, I plan on a couple hours in either the Oak Lawn or Evergreen Park library. It beats swearing at minivans from Wisconsin.

Believe it or not, there are a few places starting to pop up in Oak Park. There's a place on Lake St. about 2 blocks west of the OPRF Stadium called Scratch. Good food and beer deals.

Or New Trier fans can always head over into nearby Forest Park. Doc Ryan's, Healy's, O'Sullivan's, Jimmy's Place all good options on Madison between Harlem and Desplaines Ave

Reactions: kitty_bintingot
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT