ADVERTISEMENT

Rolling Meadows at Chicago Cascia

Does SR have all their horses in the starting blocks? Is KB and the transfer from Phillips both playing? Tough coming back after 9 weeks off?

Does SR have all their horses in the starting blocks? Is KB and the transfer from Phillips both playing? Tough coming back after 9 weeks off?

SSCFD,

TBH, I have no idea. I believe the DBs and Clayton from Phillip will be back. As for KB, I thought he'd be ready by the Don game, but he didn't play.

Who the hell knows? As Rock mentioned and as I witnessed at the Don game, Sophomore #20 running back for Rita was outstanding. Would be great to have him, Clayton and KB all in the mix.

SSCFD,

TBH, I have no idea. I believe the DBs and Clayton from Phillip will be back. As for KB, I thought he'd be ready by the Don game, but he didn't play.

Who the hell knows? As Rock mentioned and as I witnessed at the Don game, Sophomore #20 running back for Rita was outstanding. Would be great to have him, Clayton and KB all in the mix.
Clayton spent his first two years at BR....then Phillips....now SR....well traveled

Clayton spent his first two years at BR....then Phillips....now SR....well traveled

Well, for Rita's sake, let's hope he can play and help Chicago Mustang win on Friday, so he can "travel" with the team to either Collinsville or Geneva in Round Two.

BTW, good luck to the Caravan when you host Batavia in Round Two. I know it's one-game-at-a-time type of a situation, but it's going to happen.

Well, for Rita's sake, let's hope he can play and help Chicago Mustang win on Friday, so he can "travel" with the team to either Collinsville or Geneva in Round Two.

BTW, good luck to the Caravan when you host Batavia in Round Two. I know it's one-game-at-a-time, but it's going to happen.
At Barda-Dowling, it will be a good game! I don't see SR having any trouble in their side of the bracket actually, especially if KB is back.

Reactions: crusaderpride
At Barda-Dowling, it will be a good game! I don't see SR having any trouble in their side of the bracket actually, especially if KB is back.

The posters on here representing Batavia are great, and I like their program a lot, in addition to the DuKane conference being very tough and always having great matchups.

Will be curious to see how Batavia plays in Chicago on the south side against a battle-tested and great foe.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard but both Clayton and Brown both could have played the last two week if they were playoff games. Brown was healthy enough to be selected to play in the All-America Bowl. If Clayton is not healthy the two sophomore's should both go if they are 100%. Having all the DB's back is huge, SR's front seven is very tough.

I know it's one game at a time, but if if MC can upset a very strong Batavia team most CCL league fans would love to see a MC BR matchup. I think both teams though they let a game or two get away from them. Records aside these are two very good teams.

Well, I hope that line can stay healthy and continue to improve. And knowing that Queen of the Universe graduate, Johnny Nee, is a part of that success, I feel very confident!

Now, all we need is the Admin at Rita is to put Mateja on the football staff somehow.

As far as KB goes he's healthy. I think as far as the All-America bowl goes, I think they put too much emphasis on those summer 7 on 7s. Agreed the sophomores should play if Clayton's ankles still hurt. It's the OL that will the base that determines what the offense does in the playoffs. It's got to be tough for Rolling Meadows to prepare defensively based on film. The band has only been together for the first two plays of the season.

I hope Rita got all of those bad vibes out of their system Friday night at ND. That was an ugly 1st half. It's sudden death football the rest of the season.

Last edited:
SSCFD,

#20 DJ Stewart from Rita has a chip on his shoulder. He has been dominating the JV level. He's been patiently waiting while being dual rostered. Between Middleton and Stewart, Rita may have the best sophomore RB tandem in the Catholic league. Rita’s offense is going to look scary in the postseason. Pick your poison..

Reactions: RockSoup
Looking at Rolling Meadows schedule and results on the IHSA website they are an enigma to me. Their four losses are to quality teams: 8-1 Buffalo Grove, 7-2 Glenbrook South, 7-2 Hersey, and 7-2 Hoffman Estates. They also beat 8-1 Deerfield and 7-2 Prospect.

Without seeing them play it’s hard to tell but looking at the results it looks like they were right on the edge of possibly being a ranked team. The last win against Prospect was against a good team and should give them momentum going into the playoffs.

Can someone with first hand knowledge of Rolling Meadows give an objective scouting report.

I can guarantee a Mustang victory in this one.
I see what you did there😂. Well played.

Yes. Good luck and health to all the Mustangs on the field Friday night at Cronin Field in Doyle Stadium on beautiful Bernard DelGiorno Campus.

• Haha
Reactions: tomloner
Looking at Rolling Meadows schedule and results on the IHSA website they are an enigma to me. Their four losses are to quality teams: 8-1 Buffalo Grove, 7-2 Glenbrook South, 7-2 Hersey, and 7-2 Hoffman Estates. They also beat 8-1 Deerfield and 7-2 Prospect.

Without seeing them play it’s hard to tell but looking at the results it looks like they were right on the edge of possibly being a ranked team. The last win against Prospect was against a good team and should give them momentum going into the playoffs.

Can someone with first hand knowledge of Rolling Meadows give an objective scouting report.
They are a decent team. Defense has improved as the year has gone on. They have some talent . On offense they have two really good receivers(they also play corner). Running game is average at best. They will play hard and they don't quit, but they don't have the talent to hang with Rita. The MSL is a good conference, but not a great conference.

They are a decent team. Defense has improved as the year has gone on. They have some talent . On offense they have two really good receivers(they also play corner). Running game is average at best. They will play hard and they don't quit, but they don't have the talent to hang with Rita. The MSL is a good conference, but not a great conference.
Thanks

They are a decent team. Defense has improved as the year has gone on. They have some talent . On offense they have two really good receiverst, but they don't have the talent to hang with Rita. The MSL is a good conference, but not a great conference.
Thank you @Ger-Man for the responses on the matchup. Are you a Rolling Meadows Supporter or just knowledgeable about the MSL?

Well, I hope that line can stay healthy and continue to improve. And knowing that Queen of the Universe graduate, Johnny Nee, is a part of that success, I feel very confident!

Now, all we need is the Admin at Rita is to put Mateja on the football staff somehow.
K Brown needs to hold a press conference to let us know if he is playing in playoffs before King's Challenge is due

In the old CCL if the two best offensive players played corner back we would have run at them all game. Try to wear them out. Kaleb Brown for Rita might be healthy enough to play but he has a lot of rust on him. Use Brown in every play mostly as a decoy to get the defense unbalanced. Play Brown and Clanton at WR and run that big Sophomore. Where ever the defense cheats that where you go.

In the old CCL if the two best offensive players played corner back we would have run at them all game. Try to wear them out. Kaleb Brown for Rita might be healthy enough to play but he has a lot of rust on him. Use Brown in every play mostly as a decoy to get the defense unbalanced. Play Brown and Clanton at WR and run that big Sophomore. Where ever the defense cheats that where you go.
Also, SR has the other Sophomore running back that is plenty capable of running/receiving. I understand that the O-line is mostly juniors, but no reason can't move the ball with a capable Ulatowski and have Brown, Clayton, Stewart and Middleton and when needed throw Djabril in as fullback.

Also, SR has the other Sophomore running back that is plenty capable of running/receiving. I understand that the O-line is mostly juniors, but no reason can't move the ball with a capable Ulatowski and have Brown, Clayton, Stewart and Middleton and when needed throw Djabril in as fullback.
Don’t forget about senior EJ Nwagwu and junior Calvin Lee. One of the keys will be Tommy U picking the right times to pull it back and take it himself when everyone crashes on the back. He made a huge play when St. Rita played Nazareth and they were trading scores and they went for it on 4th and 2 on their 40. Ran 60 yards for the TD and Naz DBs are not slow. I think he’s an underrated runner that didn’t have to show it much which is good because it’s kept him healthy all year but in the week or weeks ahead, every option must be on the table.

Reactions: chakazulu89
After 86 (Kenwood) and 89 (CVS), no playoff game is a given for SR. Would love to see them make a long run.

Reactions: RockSoup
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT