ADVERTISEMENT

Riverside Brookfield HC Position

Congrats to coach Curtin. Hope he enjoys the extra time with his growing children.

Coach Curtin was exactly what RB needed. He brought culture and football families together to a dominant basketball school. Good Luck to Brendan and his family moving forward. If he ever coaches again, he would be an asset to any high school program. Bulldog Pride!

Reactions: RPG24
2-6 in the playoffs
When are people going to realize that good high school coaches are not determined by their playoff records. For some communities making the playoffs is enough. For some communities you need a coach that teaches the value of playing a team sport. For some communities you need a role model. I could go on and on but a good coach is not determined by his playoff record.

When are people going to realize that good high school coaches are not determined by their playoff records. For some communities making the playoffs is enough. For some communities you need a coach that teaches the value of playing a team sport. For some communities you need a role model. I could go on and on but a good coach is not determined by his playoff record.

A good coach takes a team as far as it’s capable of going, sometimes you can be 500 and that’s just as successful as an undefeated season.

Reactions: siu47 and Queen4
Out of curiosity, can you please name a few examples of this?

Out of curiosity, can you please name a few examples of this?
While I am sure there will be one or two, I can't name one coach who has been fired for lack of playoff success in the last 15-20 years in the public school system in the south/southwest suburbs. Some have been let go for continued poor regular season performance but even that doesn't happen that regularly. Most leave on their own.

Past or Present?

Bill Mitz - Jacobs
Mike Donatucci - Fremd
Bob Moynihan - Zion and now Harlem
Dan Thorpe - Marmion
Mike Boehm - DeLaSalle
MIke Holmes - Leo
Dave Mills - Wauconda
mark Stilling - Schaumburg
MIke Rolando - St Edward
Bob Pieper/Matt Purdy - Glenbrook North

Reactions: Rolando0623
Past or Present?

Bill Mitz - Jacobs
Mike Donatucci - Fremd
Dan Thorpe - Marmion
Mike Boehm - DeLaSalle
MIke Holmes - Leo
Dave Mills - Wauconda
MIke Rolando - St Edward
Huh?

Coach Curtin was a great coach and mentor. I remember him coming to Naz fresh out of playing in college, USD I believe? Would go on to be OC for 3 of my years there at the Academy. Did wonderful things at Naz before getting to what had to be his dream job at his Alma Mater. Can only hope to see him on the sidelines once again, perhaps back in a darker shade of blue.

Past or Present?

Bill Mitz - Jacobs
Mike Donatucci - Fremd
Dan Thorpe - Marmion
Mike Boehm - DeLaSalle
MIke Holmes - Leo
Dave Mills - Wauconda
MIke Rolando - St Edward

I think Marmion has the potential to be one of the best 5A programs in the state. I wouldn’t put them on this list.

I also wouldn’t put Leo or St Ed’s on the list either.

How bout Nick Kukuc at East Aurora he has a record of 10-22 after 4 years of coaching, based on wins and losses you could say he has been a failure but when you look at the whole picture he has done a fantastic job with the program.
Great pick! He was my first thought as well. I would also go across the river and add Nate Eimer at West Aurora.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT