ADVERTISEMENT

Ridgewood Head Coach Steps down!

teye69

Jan 1, 2004
Does anyone know why the head coach at Ridgewood stepped down? He is pretty young, just wondering? Thanks in advance.

Took an assistant job at York. Usually people at least wait until they get tenure to voluntarily resign. Then again, a large number of administrators now look at people who are willing to coach as a strike against you.

Took an assistant job at York. Usually people at least wait until they get tenure to voluntarily resign. Then again, a large number of administrators now look at people who are willing to coach as a strike against you.
I've worked within multiple schools, never heard an admin look at sport involvement as a negative. Please explain this more

I've worked within multiple schools, never heard an admin look at sport involvement as a negative. Please explain this more

While I have went on interviews in which they were specifically looking for people who coach, I have had more where I was warned that the department chair I was interviewing with does not like athletics and to not bring it up.

Reactions: mullin17
While I have went on interviews in which they were specifically looking for people who coach, I have had more where I was warned that the department chair I was interviewing with does not like athletics and to not bring it up.
Huh, I’ve never heard that from friends in that arena. I’ve heard almost the opposite.

Sounds like that person would be super fun to work with

It is not all that uncommon for the athletic director and PE department chairperson jobs to be distinct and occupied by 2 different administrators. The former works to get the many coaching positions filled (among many other things) and the latter may have more purely academic concerns.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT