ADVERTISEMENT

Revised Ask Soucie: Playoff Projection Q's and bracket talk here

Heads up you have Vocational as out in your notes for 5a but they’re in the south bracket. Assuming bracket is correct and they snuck in?

How likely is it for tuscola to move up to 2A? Is there a chance or are they pretty much locked in?

In the second round of games, If both HOME teams win their first playoff game, how do they determine where the game is played for the next game? Is it by higher seed or overall record?

In the second round of games, If both HOME teams win their first playoff game, how do they determine where the game is played for the next game? Is it by higher seed or overall record?
Seed

I thought if the higher seed wins their first game and the lower seed in the other game wins a road game the lower seed gets the second round home game

I thought if the higher seed wins their first game and the lower seed in the other game wins a road game the lower seed gets the second round home game

Determining the Host Team and the Date and Time of the Game
In the first round, the higher seed hosts the game. In subsequent rounds, the school that has hosted fewer times during the current playoff series hosts the game. If both teams have hosted an equal number of times, the higher seed hosts.

Reactions: Coalertown44
How likely is it for tuscola to move up to 2A? Is there a chance or are they pretty much locked in?
There are plenty of options for Tuscola to move up. They aren't locked in by any means.

And also how is Yorkville in 6a north and Kenwood academy in the south?
Because apparently I don't know where Yorkville is. This is a good point that will be kept in mind for next week's projection.

Heads up you have Vocational as out in your notes for 5a but they’re in the south bracket. Assuming bracket is correct and they snuck in?
This was an "I am typing too fast" error. Westinghouse not Vocational should have been listed in the top section.

What made Coal City go from the North to the South?
I had a bad 7A team score which led to someone getting a bid that the first projection did not account for.
Since the last team in was a Class 2A team in the first projection, the class breaks shifted for 7A through 2A. The team that left 4A was a southern team, the team that entered 4A was a team farther north than Coal City. Since Coal City was the farthest south among the 17 teams in the top bracket they had to be moved to the south bracket to balance 16/16.

Last week Kaneland was 90% stay in 6a...now we have shifted to lowest enrollment in 6a...what's % now that we stay 6a?

Any reason for switching Kenwood and Hinsdale South? Kenwood is farther North.

How do you determine the #1 seed if the records for the #1 and #2 team are exactly the same as far as wins and losses are concerned?

Hey Souc-
Who are the 4-3 or 3-4 that have the softest remaining games that you think will make 6 or have the points with 5?

Your correct Coalertown (see your quote below), but the question posed was who gets the second round home game if both home teams win. The higher seed does.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT