ADVERTISEMENT

Reed Custer 24 Du-Pec 6 FINAL nm

I've heard RC was an undisciplined team. Probably going to cost them their season against Byron next week if they play the same way.
Both teams undisciplined. Wasn't an enjoyable game to watch. RC will get thumped if they play like that against Byron.

Reactions: McEvergreen
Pretty bad day for the league.

RC is in trouble next week. I think the ICE might have been overestimated

Regular season, you are out the next game too if ejected. I don't know why it would be any different in the playoffs. Did RC have 2 players ejected or was it one from each team?

Regular season, you are out the next game too if ejected. I don't know why it would be any different in the playoffs. Did RC have 2 players ejected or was it one from each team?
One from each team. RC kid got ejected for illegal hit. Kid from Du-pec started throwing punches on him. I didn't see it all. Was an INT on the play. 5 minutes of confusion. Du-pec coach got unsportsmanlike penalty during it. It was a mess

Byron did not have a single penalty against Seneca. That sort of team discipline will pay dividends against Reed Custer. Though not the most talented team in 3A, the Tigers are extremely well-coached.

On the bright side for RC, their defense only gave up barely over 100 yards per the news story I just read.
But yeah, they definitely gotta clean up the penalties if they wanna win anymore games this year.

If its the kid I heard got ejected then that is a huge loss fir Braidwood. Plus I heard their really good linemen got hurt. The ICE is what I’ve been saying it is this year fellas.

The ICE is what I’ve been saying it is this year fellas.
I’ve been thinking about this and to some extent agree.

The bottom few are almost irrelevant. Every conference of similar type schools has bottom feeders. The middle pack teams were down, and the ones that squeaked in got blown out in the first round.
Coal City was maybe a little down from last year. This year a worse showing against Morris, but a better showing in the playoffs. Definitely got better throughout the year. Wilmington slightly down. I’m really surprised they lost.
Now Reed-Custer was pretty clearly one of the top 4-5 teams in 3A last year and also pretty clearly quite a bit better this year.

Overall conference definitely a little down. The middle and bottom of the conference being mediocre to bad hasn’t always stopped the front runner teams from making good runs In the past.

I don't think the conference was "down" as much as RC was up. The Comets have one of those teams that doesn't come along very often. Probably the best team Braidwood has ever had. Who knows how good they could have been if they had better leadership. Ok, before everybody gets their panties in a bunch, I'm talking the amount of penalties they amassed throughout the season. It was a problem every week. I heard at least one official had to have shoulder surgery from throwing so many flags ..... jk jk 😂

Regular season, Wilmington went 8-1 losing only to RC. Coal City went 6-3 losing to Morris, Wilmington and RC. The common denominator = RC. Both Wilmington and CC won a playoff game. Was it the best Wilmington team ever - NO. Was it the best CC team ever - NO.

The rest of the conference played out pretty much like it normally does. You had your middle tier: It was Peotone and Lisle this year and both qualified for the playoffs. And then you had your bottom feeders. It was Streator, Herscher and Manteno this year. My God, what has happened to Herscher?

Reactions: Gene K.
Dean Cappel had some pretty good teams. That's why i threw the word "probably" in there.

Dean Cappel had some pretty good teams. That's why i threw the word "probably" in there.
Next best probably 2006 team that featured the current coach as QB. Lost by 7 to state champ Plano, lost to Westmont and lost by 1 point to semifinalist Bureau Valley in the second round.

Is this the same kid that has been kicked out of a few other games for personal fouls?
I don’t recall hearing about anyone getting suspensions over there - which would be the case if you were kicked out. Any ejection/disqualification results in a one game suspension.

Minus a two-way starter and the game is at Byron. Did you see what Byron did to undefeated Seneca?

So, you think arguing with an official is worse than spearing a kid in the back and that kid being out the next week with a back injury or even paralyzed???

Bad thing is he left his feet and lead with his head at the quarterbacks head. It was quite the collision. After the paly both players laid on the turf like they both were hurt.

• Wow
Bad thing is he left his feet and lead with his head at the quarterbacks head. It was quite the collision. After the paly both players laid on the turf like they both were hurt.
Targeting. That RC player is gone and rightly so. No wonder Du-Pec's coach got flagged. Anybody in his shoes would have gone ballistic.

So, you think arguing with an official is worse than spearing a kid in the back and that kid being out the next week with a back injury or even paralyzed???
Obviously I didn't see the play, but to me its all about the intent of the action and was it on purpose???

IHSA rules says targeting is a 15 yard penalty but not an automatic ejection. If the referees deem it intentional then it is a player disqualification. I have no way to say it was or wasn't but I did hear the game was pretty chippy so I don't know if this was the last straw

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT