ADVERTISEMENT

Proviso West

Cross Bones

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2001
I haven't really been able to find information, but know they are the favorites Friday night.

Reactions: Bowie50
This explains all the flooding this Spring and Summer. Bones took all the sandbags.

I will figure this is a "tongue-in-cheek" thread. Nevertheless, I saw LW West go up to Hillside for an opener just a few short seasons ago and Proviso West was in the game for only about half of the first quarter. Furthermore, that was a sub-par season by LWW standards as they finished at 5-4. Also, at the time LWW had some 400 students fewer than PW, where BB has some 1300 more than PW. Just some facts for those not "in" on the joking around.

I do my best to bring solid reporting to the table. PW will be athletic and fast, so we'll have to come with our A game to escape with a W.

Reactions: woody6
He did play for the Patriots team and is a load... a couple other athletes on the team as well... but it’s a tough road game. No one will pick PW but you do in jest... if you sleep on them they can give you a scare... it would be great to see PW relevant again and keep the players that make up many of the catholic school teams in the area and even other public schools stay home.

He did play for the Patriots team and is a load... a couple other athletes on the team as well... but it’s a tough road game. No one will pick PW but you do in jest... if you sleep on them they can give you a scare... it would be great to see PW relevant again and keep the players that make up many of the catholic school teams in the area and even other public schools stay home.
I watched a game online a couple years ago where they gave a highly ranked Lyons all they could handle, before losing by 10 (I think) late. I've also witnessed a game a while back where we escaped a Joliet Township with a 15-0 victory. I've seen us get blown off the field by Lockport. I've seen us get blanked 2x last season. I've recently seen ONE MAN rack up like 5 TDs and 450 yards against us in one game. I know it may seem in jest, but when you see what I've seen....

PW has played Lyons tough the last couple of seasons ( but there was a reason for that) and while there have been some solid individual performances, they still need to find a way to win games as a team... the beauty of football season starting is that until they strap it on Friday night we just don’t know how teams will really come out and play... to all you Friday night good luck and let the games begin!!

First games are always tough. Sometimes it comes down to who makes the fewer early season mistakes.

Just checked the IHSA score zone, and The Brook is up 21-0 with 6 minutes left in the second quarter.
Bones, this is one for the Lou Holtz sandbagging hall of fame!

We were fortunate to pull this out. Now I have to start researching St. Charles N.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT