ADVERTISEMENT

PR 17 CG 13 Final

Ending was unreal. CG forces and recovers a fumble with less than 3 minutes to play on the 44 or so yard line of PR. 20 or so yard pass play to Skol taking it down to the 25 yard line. Goes for it on a 4th and 3. They call a reverse which I swear they do once every playoff game and it works, every time. TD CG on the reverse with 1 minute left.

Evans on the kickoff return and gets tackled at their 20. Few plays later, after a first down, on 3rd and 8, WRs are down the field and he runs down the sideline avoiding one last tackle and gets in with 7 seconds left.

What a great game and good luck to PR the rest of the playoffs. Represent the FVC well, please!

Last edited:
I feel ill for CG coming that close. Tough season with many injuries and they put up a fight. I'm really looking forward to the Superman - Jessen showdown.

What shocks me is they called a running play with 13 seconds left in the game.

With the running play called why not take a shot at holding if your the lineman to try to get the Big play? Make the official make the call.

Reactions: vfl05
LOL. Sure why not. All I could tell ya as walking through parking lot seen the refs running to the school. They couldn't leave fast enough.
I certainly wouldn’t have known it happened if the NW Herald didn’t publish the full page color picture of it.

I certainly wouldn’t have known it happened if the NW Herald didn’t publish the full page color picture of it.
Same here. But the NW herald calls it a great block. I suppose there's a new way to block now. hmmm. I've must have missed that during my playing days.

Same here. But the NW herald calls it a great block. I suppose there's a new way to block now. hmmm. I've must have missed that during my playing days.
A great block for an Iowa commit and a penalty on an average Joe?

LOL. Sure why not. All I could tell ya as walking through parking lot seen the refs running to the school. They couldn't leave fast enough.

giphy.gif

Come on, WE are better than that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT