ADVERTISEMENT

Peoria Vs naz

Ok I'm still confused as to how this has worked. Do they really not punt at all? Like 4th and long from own 17 are they still not punting? Maybe they just never find themselves in 4th and long from their own 17 but what if they do? Do they really just stay in press all day no help over the top? This one is even more baffling as you'd think they would have seen their fair share of passing attempts from their opponents with the scores they put up so how are they doing that? Playing schools with lack of talent in the passing game or just have 5 lockdown guys that never get tired?
I forgot to add that they basically never get in 4th and long situations

They punt sometimes but that’s once in a blue moon . Against Mascoutah they were on their 8 yard line and I think it was 4th and 4 and they went for it that’s not a 4th n long but that just shows you the mentality that have . And I’d say they play pressman with no help over the top like 90% of the time . They only have a safety in if it’s 3rd and long or 4th and long . Their dbs don’t get tired and are lockdown guys but get a Lot of Pi’s as you’d expect . The weak link on their defense is their 5’5 corner but he’s super fast and is lockdown as well
Nathan,

I’ve watched the game film and they are not even close to Lockdown corners. They are okay but if you think they are lockdown I’m not sure you’re a credible talent recruiter.

Nathan,

I’ve watched the game film and they are not even close to Lockdown corners. They are okay but if you think they are lockdown I’m not sure you’re a credible talent th
Nathan,

I’ve watched the game film and they are not even close to Lockdown corners. They are okay but if you think they are lockdown I’m not sure you’re a credible talent recruiter.
Ok lockdown is a stretchhh but they decent enough to not get Head tapped every play . Maybe I got some bias cuz I’m from the 309

Peoria is obviously pretty good they are playing in the last week of the season but I also feel there are a lot of questions that have yet to be answered in regards to the Madden style of football they play. It's worked in all but one game and I don't know if that again points to a strength and caliber of opponent or if it really does me Naz should be lighting candles hoping they stop themselves Saturday.

I guess we’ll see Saturday but what I know is that Peoria doesn’t really care about being scored on because their plan is to just run up the score and out score their opponent . I just hope it’s a great game
Peoria is obviously pretty good they are playing in the last week of the season but I also feel there are a lot of questions that have yet to be answered in regards to the Madden style of football they play. It's worked in all but one game and I don't know if that again points to a strength and caliber of opponent or if it really does me Naz should be lighting candles hoping they stop themselves Saturday.

Never hurts to light candles. If you haven’t watched the video I posted in this thread, do, you will have a good chuckle.

My son plays for Morris. Naz should beat Peoria. Morris is not a pass team, but they easily scored points. As bad as it seems, without a pick 6 and a boggled punt, they beat Morris by a touchdown. If Naz gets a few stops and can throw a bit, they will win this game.

Peoria is just different. If your QB can handle pressure on EVERY play and can take punishment, you will be fine. If there is fear, it will be a long day.

My son plays for Morris. Naz should beat Peoria. Morris is not a pass team, but they easily scored points. As bad as it seems, without a pick 6 and a boggled punt, they beat Morris by a touchdown. If Naz gets a few stops and can throw a bit, they will win this game.
I just rewatched the game and I’ll admit when I first read your post I was like yeah ok if my aunt had….yada yada. However, I think I am finding myself in agreement with you. I do not think Morris would win the game but I do think if that pick 6 and punt mishap don’t happen it’s a better ball game.

With all due respect to the other teams, I feel Naz has been pretty good on the defensive side of the ball. I don’t see them giving up too many home runs which is what it seems has been Peoria’s bread and butter. Hit you quick and hard. I think Naz makes them work for their points all while limiting their touches and having long efficient drives of their own. Will it be a shutout? No. Will that back find the end zone? Probably a couple times. Will Naz find a way to slow/stop him and win their 4th? This Homer thinks so!

In a driving rainstorm.....
Jim Carrey Chance GIF

NOBODY thought Naz would limit Sycamore to 7 points, but somehow they did.

In a driving rainstorm.....
Yes, it is true. I watched the game for the first time last night. I don't know that (until that game) I've ever seen a team dominate the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball the way Peoria did and still come away with a 24-point loss. I guess five turnovers can do that to you. Somehow, though, Normal West was able to avoid the turnovers.

I'm not sure what to expect Saturday morning. I suppose, if I had to make a prediction, based (in part) on Coach Racki's big game experience, I would predict a narrow Nazareth victory. They clearly played a more formidable opponent in the semifinals and the Big Twelve Conference is not known for producing numerous state champions in football. If I'm recalling correctly, when Peoria won it all several years ago they were fortunate to be playing a three-loss Vernon Hills team in the championship game. Nazareth may have four losses, but they are no Vernon Hills.

I'm looking forward to the game.

Yes, it is true. I watched the game for the first time last night. I don't know that (until that game) I've ever seen a team dominate the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball the way Peoria did and still come away with a 24-point loss. I guess five turnovers can do that to you. Somehow, though, Normal West was able to avoid the turnovers.

I'm not sure what to expect Saturday morning. I suppose, if I had to make a prediction, based (in part) on Coach Racki's big game experience, I would predict a narrow Nazareth victory. They clearly played a more formidable opponent in the semifinals and the Big Twelve Conference is not known for producing numerous state champions in football. If I'm recalling correctly, when Peoria won it all several years ago they were fortunate to be playing a three-loss Vernon Hills team in the championship game. Nazareth may have four losses, but they are no Vernon Hills.

I'm looking forward to the game.
Ditto.....

I watched some of naz’s game against sycamore and their run defense is pretty good but I still think Peoria will be able to run the ball effectively because of that Oline .Malachi Washington just has surpassed 3000 yards and I just don’t see Naz’s front being able to slow him down . Naz is gonna be able to get the passing game going against this defense if they decide to stick with their cover 0 defense . I doubt that they’re gonna be able to run on Peoria though. It’s gonna be key for Naz to stop Peoria from getting the 2point conversions. Ultimately I think that this game is gonna be a shootout and it’s hard to beat Peoria in a shootout so my final prediction is peoria 42 Naz 28
I feel if Naz defense can hold Sycamores O line offense to 7 points they can stop anyone. I also feel if Morris can score 56 points on Peoria then Naz can score 112.
I have no idea what to expect in this game honestly.

I am in no way knocking Sycamore, I think they are a great team. I am genuinely asking though is Sycamore's O line/Offense comparable to Peoria's? I know they run a different style so it's hard to get a real gauge of things, but I want to feel as confident as you and so I am hoping you could shed a little light on why you feel Naz will be able to stop them. Furthermore, I want to feel even more confident so I ask, Is Morris not that great on offense to make you feel Naz would double their production or are you basing all of this solely on the fact Naz scored 10 points (should have been 17 but you say tomato I say pancake block) on Sycamore's D and held them to only 7 points?

I am in no way knocking Sycamore, I think they are a great team. I am genuinely asking though is Sycamore's O line/Offense comparable to Peoria's? I know they run a different style so it's hard to get a real gauge of things, but I want to feel as confident as you and so I am hoping you could shed a little light on why you feel Naz will be able to stop them. Furthermore, I want to feel even more confident so I ask, Is Morris not that great on offense to make you feel Naz would double their production or are you basing all of this solely on the fact Naz scored 10 points (should have been 17 but you say tomato I say pancake block) on Sycamore's D and held them to only 7 points?
Footwork

Reactions: tuccs
I was hoping for more insight/chatter it’s already Wednesday evening.

I was hoping for more insight/chatter it’s already Wednesday evening.
It’s like their play…shootin from the hip, all caution to the wind play, it like it’s a backyard turkey bowl.

Actually, the way they come to the line and quick snap reminds me of the middle huddle we saw at the youth football level and predicates success on keeping the front 7 from being prepared to engage and tackle at or behind the line. I think the ref crews have been very generous in not calling False starts all year on the offense and hope to God that the state crew recognizes the lack of set after motion and/or movement towards the line and it gets flagged.

I just rewatched the game and I’ll admit when I first read your post I was like yeah ok if my aunt had….yada yada. However, I think I am finding myself in agreement with you. I do not think Morris would win the game but I do think if that pick 6 and punt mishap don’t happen it’s a better ball game.

With all due respect to the other teams, I feel Naz has been pretty good on the defensive side of the ball. I don’t see them giving up too many home runs which is what it seems has been Peoria’s bread and butter. Hit you quick and hard. I think Naz makes them work for their points all while limiting their touches and having long efficient drives of their own. Will it be a shutout? No. Will that back find the end zone? Probably a couple times. Will Naz find a way to slow/stop him and win their 4th? This Homer thinks so!
To be fair - Naz can give up the homerun play. They did so on the 2nd play of the game against GBS with a 60+ yard run. However, they did well to make adjustments and fix the mistake, and not give up multiple big plays. That is what I think Naz does well - when/if they get beat, they adjust and fix immediately, and don't get beat the same way a second time.

Naz has one of the best coaching staffs in Illinois.
They will shut down Peoria and will win the game .
24-21

It’s like their play…shootin from the hip, all caution to the wind play, it like it’s a backyard turkey bowl.

Actually, the way they come to the line and quick snap reminds me of the middle huddle we saw at the youth football level and predicates success on keeping the front 7 from being prepared to engage and tackle at or behind the line. I think the ref crews have been very generous in not calling False starts all year on the offense and hope to God that the state crew recognizes the lack of set after motion and/or movement towards the line and it gets flagged.
Didn’t see it get flagged in ‘16 when Peoria won State. This may be wishful thinking.

Well that’s disappointing for sure, I expect better at the state level and saw excellent reffing at the state level when we were there.
The semi crews are typically final crews correct? Maybe they just see it differently.

Naz has one of the best coaching staffs in Illinois.
They will shut down Peoria and will win the game .
24-21
There is no way Naz only scores 24. Have you seen the Peoria scores this year? I will be surprised if Naz dosent score on every possession, the question is will Peoria put up their average scoring on Naz

There is no way Naz only scores 24. Have you seen the Peoria scores this year? I will be surprised if Naz dosent score on every possession, the question is will Peoria put up their average scoring on Naz
Peoria has only allowed more than 21 points on 4 occasions . And two of those were blowouts so backups were in most of the second half so I don’t get what you mean by this

I know absolutely nothing about Peoria other than they put up a lot of points and give up a lot of points. All I know is Sycamore although not a high powered offense moved the ball at will against every team they played this year, the O line was so strong and could not be stopped by anyone, I watched as they did it to Naz easily on one drive where they scored but after halftime adjustments Naz stopped them cold. So what I’m saying is if they can stop that Oline you would think they could stop anyone, Peoria may be a diffrent animal though with more quicks and more passes but still if Naz gets a few stops I think they win cause Naz is going to put up a ton of points.
Naz 63 Peoria 42

I know absolutely nothing about Peoria other than they put up a lot of points and give up a lot of points. All I know is Sycamore although not a high powered offense moved the ball at will against every team they played this year, the O line was so strong and could not be stopped by anyone, I watched as they did it to Naz easily on one drive where they scored but after halftime adjustments Naz stopped them cold. So what I’m saying is if they can stop that Oline you would think they could stop anyone, Peoria may be a diffrent animal though with more quicks and more passes but still if Naz gets a few stops I think they win cause Naz is going to put up a ton of points.
Naz 63 Peoria 42
Fair

Reactions: Sterling Warrior
Peoria’s lines on paper look NFL sized it’s no wonder the kid has 3k yards and almost 50 TDs. I read an article about him today how he works in the off-season and just really sounds like an all around great kid I am happy for him he’s having a great season.

I can’t remember what Sycamore’s OL size was but I will say they were crisp and clean like a well oiled machine. It took Naz some time to figure out how to put a stop to it and like I said I have no doubt they will figure out peoria. My only concern is will it be early enough where they don’t have to play too much catch up.

Peoria’s lines on paper look NFL sized it’s no wonder the kid has 3k yards and almost 50 TDs. I read an article about him today how he works in the off-season and just really sounds like an all around great kid I am happy for him he’s having a great season.

I can’t remember what Sycamore’s OL size was but I will say they were crisp and clean like a well oiled machine. It took Naz some time to figure out how to put a stop to it and like I said I have no doubt they will figure out peoria. My only concern is will it be early enough where they don’t have to play too much catch up.
The surprising thing about him is that this is his first year starting on varsity .He just patiently waited for his opportunity and took full advantage of it . Super happy for em

Reactions: tuccs
I think we all know peoria will score just like we all knew sycamore would score the question is going to be will peoria score the way they have been or will they roadrunners keep them in check. I have said I think the back will find the end zone a couple times but I think it will be significantly less times than he is used to whether it’s by Naz playing a great game of keep away or if they do indeed come up with a way to stop that offense. I also tend to think it’s not going to be a matter of which offense can get the job done but rather it will come down to which defense makes adjustments to get the stops needed. I happen to be a Naz fan but like many outsiders of the program have stated as well, when it comes down to that question and it’s not a knock against Peoria’s staff in the slightest but I think Racki and his staff are among the best in the state in that regard. I really don’t see that team giving up what the other teams have on Peoria’s schedule. They played against some really good backs/running teams this season so it won’t be anything new or better than what they have seen. I don’t think the same holds true for Peoria. I think they are about to see the best team on their schedule on Saturday on both sides of the ball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT