ADVERTISEMENT

Palatine Pirates 2024 State Champs

So, no one here is a bigger Pirate fan than I, but slow your roll a bit. They are scary good, but as we saw in 2012 or 2016 state title dreams can be derailed by one key injury or one guy having a bad game.

They're good. I saw the 2016 squad as freshman play alot and these guys are further along in their development.. Kudos to PAFA.

In the meantime if you care to check them out, see the first half of Friday night's game. They led 40-0 at the half, which has been pretty typical for them:

Last edited:
Big pick for palatine. Pirates win! Really good game. Lots of hitting.

I'm just happy we finally won state. Now I have a bunch of time to plan my celebration!
I know.. So much to plan. I think the parade should go the entire length of Cunningham from Smith to Rohlwing Rd.

Oh how I wish Larry Lujack were still alive and living a few doors down, we could have made him the honorary Grand Marshall of the parade. Guess we'll have to settle for Carol Marin instead.

I've got a 74 Caprice convertible they can use, but they're gonna need alot more ragtops for a team of 75 players.

So much to do.. 😅😅😅😅😅

I know.. So much to plan. I think the parade should go the entire length of Cunningham from Smith to Rohlwing Rd.

Oh how I wish Larry Lujack were still alive and living a few doors down, we could have made him the honorary Grand Marshall of the parade. Guess we'll have to settle for Carol Marin instead.

I've got a 74 Caprice convertible they can use, but they're gonna need alot more ragtops for a team of 75 players.

So much to do.. 😅😅😅😅😅
I nominate Randy Hundley.

Todd went to Fremd but his dad would be fun to party with at the post game celebration.
I forgot he went to Fremd. I remember a neighbor moving out there when I was a kid and being duly impressed that Randy Hundley lived near his new house. I believe Glen Beckert was living out there too.

So, no one here is a bigger Pirate fan than I, but slow your roll a bit. They are scary good, but as we saw in 2012 or 2016 state title dreams can be derailed by one key injury or one guy having a bad game.

They're good. I saw the 2016 squad as freshman play alot and these guys are further along in their development.. Kudos to PAFA.

In the meantime if you care to check them out, see the first half of Friday night's game. They led 40-0 at the half, which has been pretty typical for them:

Was that Palatine’s B team that played LA yesterday?

I forgot he went to Fremd. I remember a neighbor moving out there when I was a kid and being duly impressed that Randy Hundley lived near his new house. I believe Glen Beckert was living out there too.
I don't know if he moved out this way later, but Glenn Beckert, as well as Ron Santo, both lived about a mile from me where I grew up in Park Ridge. Santo used to have a pizzeria at the corner of Northwest Highway & Western.

Yes. That's why all the parade talk is funny.😉
I thought so. They looked really fast and hit very hard. Very well coached. Solid numbers. I was impressed. Schwantz was there talking with Mark Carrier (LA’s AD). It was a star studded event!

Last edited:
Reactions: kpjasion

Freshman football should never be on Friday night

Reactions: lookoutforliam
The victory parade will immediately follow the championship game played at the RESTORE Hair Dome (The Furry Dome), past the new Hyatt, left at Carol Marin’s New Gay Paree and over to the Lamplighter (by Lerch and Lori’s BnB).

Reactions: kpjasion
The Palatine Freshmen are very good.
Discuss.
How is this taking up space in the forum??
With kids playing up at various schools, I've never seen a freshman team that had all that schools' freshman playing at the same time...especially at big schools like Palatine. No?

With kids playing up at various schools, I've never seen a freshman team that had all that schools' freshman playing at the same time...especially at big schools like Palatine. No?
This was started as a joke. A haha. A funny.

• Haha
Reactions: Bowie50
So ... back-to-back state champs 2023-2024?

Reactions: Bowie50 and MS4EVER
It’s humorous. No?

Palatine beat Fremd on the varsity and JV levels last night and that's good and all, but it's particularly satisfying to watch your Freshman A squad move to 8-0 and put a 51-7 drubbing on your crosstown rival😉

Reactions: crusader_of_90
True true. But it lets you Know what’s coming down the pipeline. I’m sure when AJ Henning was a freshman the coaches and fans were thinking Holy $/:+ were going to be good in a few years.

Reactions: Gene K.
I recall Santo's pizza being sold at Wrigley.

Back in the day, around 1968, Sox pitcher Don McMahon rented the house next door to one of my buddies in Des Plaines. As a baseball-crazed 10 year old, nothing was cooler that playing pepper in the McMahon's back yard with a pro.

Reactions: Bowie50
True true. But it lets you Know what’s coming down the pipeline. I’m sure when AJ Henning was a freshman the coaches and fans were thinking Holy $/:+ were going to be good in a few years.

True MS but we both know a lot can change between a freshman year and senior year. Kids move, kids transfer, kids dropout. It isn’t a for gone conclusion that a freshman team will win state in a few years as this poster title will indicate. That’s a lot of optimism. Believe me I have seen this type of story before. 😊

True MS but we both know a lot can change between a freshman year and senior year. Kids move, kids transfer, kids dropout. It isn’t a for gone conclusion that a freshman team will win state in a few years as this poster title will indicate. That’s a lot of optimism. Believe me I have seen this type of story before. 😊

Palatine is too far from Brother Rice so should be safe from transfers.

Simply badinage for fun.. They're exciting to watch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT