ADVERTISEMENT

Okay MC/LA for All the Bragging Rights

Let's hope he's OK. I assume he'll sit next week.
The finale against LA when both are 8-0 is great and it’s a huge game. But I always liked that week 9 game against a team where MC could rest starters going into the playoffs. I think in ‘12 Draco Smith and a few others rested before the playoff run and in ‘13 I know Domer and a few other guys got healthy weeks 8-9 I believe before a great run in the playoffs.

The finale against LA when both are 8-0 is great and it’s a huge game. But I always liked that week 9 game against a team where MC could rest starters going into the playoffs. I think in ‘12 Draco Smith and a few others rested before the playoff run and in ‘13 I know Domer and a few other guys got healthy weeks 8-9 I believe before a great run in the playoffs.
In '17 we lost out starting QB in week 9 vs LWE
In '18 we lost our RB in week 9 vs LWE

Last night didn't lose anyone against Stagg.

I don't know what might have happened today, but LA is the pioneer in streaming prep games and they've always done a great job. Their radio coverage was outstanding prior to that.

You need to take a step back.
The TV coverage messed with LA’s normal streaming setup. TV coverage was great.

I don't know what might have happened today, but LA is the pioneer in streaming prep games and they've always done a great job.

They had to give up their usual spot to The U, which also used up some of the sockets.
Both teams very good and the MC offense has a plethora of weapons.
A multitude.
it was helmet to helmet.
It was forearm to the shoulder pads, which made a loud clapping sound. A clean hit but full force was brought to bear.
several officials who
were not shy about throwing flags around.

May all the players from both teams heal quickly from their injuries.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vincennes6410
Congratulations to my Carmelite educated brethren, alums and students, on today’s big win!
To my Jesuit educated relatives, sons of colleagues and friends, a tough knot on the head but a bump from which the boys can quickly bounce back.
To both institutions, a heart-felt THANK YOU for living up to the hype and providing Illinois HS Football a much anticipated equally matched showdown.
Mount Carmel left no doubt as to who is the 7A favorite and any team with the belief that they will knock Loyola out of the 8A Playoffs will need to replicate the Caravan’s preparedness and determination.
I am not discounting any program but have a hunch the mettle testing of today’s contest will make taking out either team a very tall order.
Good luck to all and I know that some impassioned HS Football discussion will be shared at Thanksgiving dinners around Illinois!

Last edited:
That was one great game today. Outlined against a beautiful blue sky the Four Horsemen rode again. In dramatic lore their names are Faminine Pestilence Destruction and Death. These are only aliases. Their real names are Dowling, Furlong , Arrington and Dupree. They formed the crest of the south side cyclone before which another fighting Rambler team was swept over the precipice at Hoerster Field this afternoon as 10, 000 spectators peered down upon the bewildering panorama spread out upon the green plain below.

That was one great game today. Outlined against a beautiful blue sky the Four Horsemen rode again. In dramatic lore their names are Faminine Pestilence Destruction and Death. These are only aliases. Their real names are Dowling, Furlong , Arrington and Dupree. They formed the crest of the south side cyclone before which another fighting Rambler team was swept over the precipice at Hoerster Field this afternoon as 10, 000 spectators peered down upon the bewildering panorama spread out upon the green plain below.
very, very nice ... thank you

Reactions: eireog
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT