ADVERTISEMENT

O'Fallon rallies with 22 points in 4q to stun Edwardsville

crusader_of_90

Nov 1, 2003
Sauget, IL
archviewsecurity.com
EDWARDSVILLE — Christopher Caldwell landed flat on his back as he fell into the end zone.

The ball was cradled in his hands as bedlam erupted around him.

A senior running back for the O’Fallon High football team, Caldwell caught the game-winning two-point conversion as O’Fallon rallied past Edwardsville 32-31 in a wild Southwestern Conference game Friday night at Edwardsville’s District 7 Sports Complex.

“I did my best to catch the ball and get open,” Caldwell said. “I knew Colt (Michael) was going to get it to me, I just needed to catch it.”

The No. 4 large school in the STLhighschoolsports.com rankings and No. 6 in the Illinois Associated Press Class 8A poll, O’Fallon (4-0 overall, 1-0 league) didn’t lead at any point of the game until Caldwell hauled in the two-point pass from

Colt Michael completed 23 of 38 passes for 386 yards and three touchdowns and didn’t turn the ball over.

Eville QB Jake Curry spent much of the night firing the ball to the sidelines with quick passes to his receivers who turned up field in a hurry. Curry completed 20 of 29 passes for 327 yards, two touchdowns and was intercepted once.
Curry has a really nice arm and some athletes at WR slots.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT