ADVERTISEMENT

Now that all the rankings are out...

I’m gonna go ahead and do it. I wasn’t gonna, but I’ve just been biting my lip. Obvious and “renowned” bias, affiliation, and being “Pops…”. I truly in the most objective way possible think that NV runs table this year. I’ve hinted at it before and tried to be “P.C.” but I can’t take it anymore. This team returns 17 starters and also is a senior group that is currently 23-2 in high school football. Yes all “the things” about WHY NO LOVE in general, but I truly (hope) but like TRULY think this team is better than anyone is suggesting or regarding. So I’m just saying all this cuz I wanna be right if it happens… hahaha
Ok, that’s all *end rant*
I’m curious as to why you don’t think NV is getting its props, Pops?

I’m curious as to why you don’t think NV is getting its props, Pops?
That’s a fair question, however they are not getting props hardly at all. Preseason rankings at any level of any sport are in my opinion pointless because it’s just peoples opinions, but when opinions are influenced by previous teams returning players things of that nature I just wonder why you wouldn’t be ranking NV at two or three I guess I don’t know. I suppose you’re right they are getting “props“ but it just seems that all the teams ranked above them are being ranked there because of their returning players etc. and I don’t know any team that has more returning players or a better high school record than Neuqua so why wouldn’t they be number one if you’re using that logic? I’m just being a crybaby🤪🤪🤪🤪

I’m gonna go ahead and do it. I wasn’t gonna, but I’ve just been biting my lip. Obvious and “renowned” bias, affiliation, and being “Pops…”. I truly in the most objective way possible think that NV runs table this year. I’ve hinted at it before and tried to be “P.C.” but I can’t take it anymore. This team returns 17 starters and also is a senior group that is currently 23-2 in high school football. Yes all “the things” about WHY NO LOVE in general, but I truly (hope) but like TRULY think this team is better than anyone is suggesting or regarding. So I’m just saying all this cuz I wanna be right if it happens… hahaha
Ok, that’s all *end rant*
Hell yeah, Pop! Good luck to your boy!

That’s a fair question, however they are not getting props hardly at all. Preseason rankings at any level of any sport are in my opinion pointless because it’s just peoples opinions, but when opinions are influenced by previous teams returning players things of that nature I just wonder why you wouldn’t be ranking NV at two or three I guess I don’t know. I suppose you’re right they are getting “props“ but it just seems that all the teams ranked above them are being ranked there because of their returning players etc. and I don’t know any team that has more returning players or a better high school record than Neuqua so why wouldn’t they be number one if you’re using that logic? I’m just being a crybaby🤪🤪🤪🤪
While I get where you're coming from, because the 2020 Oswego team was almost identical in terms of returning starters, team record through first three years of HS, college bound seniors etc. Sometimes those other teams (Loyola, LWE, MtC) just have better players and better coaches.

While I get where you're coming from, because the 2020 Oswego team was almost identical in terms of returning starters, team record through first three years of HS, college bound seniors etc. Sometimes those other teams (Loyola, LWE, MtC) just have better players and better coaches.
Right, and besides my whining, I guess I am suggesting that the polls have a set of criteria that they use supposedly to rank teams before they played a game and if you’re going to use the things I mentioned I don’t know why a team with 17 returning starters in a 23 and two overall record wouldn’t be an obvious choice for like a preseason number one or two and they were very good last year etc.. I totally get the program coaching all that stuff, and really I wasn’t even saying that they’re not getting love I was saying I just want to predict that they’re going to go 14-0 and win state so that I can brag to everyone that I was right because I know everything and predicted it ha ha ha ha

Right, and besides my whining, I guess I am suggesting that the polls have a set of criteria that they use supposedly to rank teams before they played a game and if you’re going to use the things I mentioned I don’t know why a team with 17 returning starters in a 23 and two overall record wouldn’t be an obvious choice for like a preseason number one or two and they were very good last year etc.. I totally get the program coaching all that stuff, and really I wasn’t even saying that they’re not getting love I was saying I just want to predict that they’re going to go 14-0 and win state so that I can brag to everyone that I was right because I know everything and predicted it ha ha ha ha
Again, the 2020 Oswego team was very similar and I think they had a preseason Fall ranking in the teens. A lot of things play in to it.

Reactions: ska549
I guess where would you want NV to be ranked? Edgy has em 8th, Mike OB has em 11th, The Souc has em 10th and that's ALL of Illinois not just Chicago area. Now, 17 back from a semifinalist (almost finalist) is a ton back, and in the normal world they're better than they were last year plus added motivation.

But you gotta ask yourself, do you want to be Bambi's mother or the hunter?

Lotta teams can say the same about not ranked high enough. Last years 8A champ isn’t even in anybody’s top 25 it seems!! The teams ranked at the top right now are the ones who have gone deepest in playoffs the most for the most part.

NV has their chance to prove where they belong in rankings right off the bat in week 1.

Lotta teams can say the same about not ranked high enough. Last years 8A champ isn’t even in anybody’s top 25 it seems!! The teams ranked at the top right now are the ones who have gone deepest in playoffs the most for the most part.

NV has their chance to prove where they belong in rankings right off the bat in week 1.
Right! About Lockport THATS more my point, they ARENT on ANYONES radar because based on SAME criteria-they technically are a completely new/different team-so that makes sense to me. It’s all I’m saying is that WITH the “factors” I think the teams are judged by, I would just personally think they’d be higher-but with no results I guess they sit where they belong and we ALL know the rankings don’t mean Jack squat anyway…😊😊😊

Right! About Lockport THATS more my point, they ARENT on ANYONES radar because based on SAME criteria-they technically are a completely new/different team-so that makes sense to me. It’s all I’m saying is that WITH the “factors” I think the teams are judged by, I would just personally think they’d be higher-but with no results I guess they sit where they belong and we ALL know the rankings don’t mean Jack squat anyway…😊😊😊

Fake News

21. Lockport (0-0) (21)
The defending 8A state champs no question need to reload, but this program is built to stay for the long run. Senior TE Hyatt Timosciek is a name to watch along with senior OL Christos Alexandros this fall. Next: vs Joliet West

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT