ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame - 35 Geneva - 0 halftime

49-7 final. It was 28-0 in the blink of an eye. Second string played most of the 2nd half with a running clock. Offense looks really fast.

Big test next week against a traditionally strong Catholic Central (Grand Rapids) team (8x state champs in Michigan and ranked #17 in state this year).

Reactions: eireog
This team has a lot of talent and more speed than most ND teams. How did the line play? If the line comes together on both sides of the ball this team could surprise.

Geneva ,injuries,
Was Geneva beat up? Was it a big factor today? I know Geneva finished strong last year. Don’t know much about them, other than they’ve been a good team in years past.

This team has a lot of talent and more speed than most ND teams. How did the line play? If the line comes together on both sides of the ball this team could surprise.

Line looked good. On defense, they were constantly in the backfield blowing up plays. On offense, they opened up a lot of holes that Schurr did a great job exploding through (he is QUICK). A couple pass plays had shaky protection (Sayles took a few hits) but pretty good overall. Will improve as the year goes on.

Line looked good. On defense, they were constantly in the backfield blowing up plays. On offense, they opened up a lot of holes that Schurr did a great job exploding through (he is QUICK). A couple pass plays had shaky protection (Sayles took a few hits) but pretty good overall. Will improve as the year goes on.
Sayles was a big storyline at end of B-Ball season if he was going to play football this year. Still only a Jr. correct?
Good for him to be a well rounded athlete. I would hold nothing against him if he quits football when he signs full scholarship for D-1 basketball.

Sayles was a big storyline at end of B-Ball season if he was going to play football this year. Still only a Jr. correct?
Good for him to be a well rounded athlete. I would hold nothing against him if he quits football when he signs full scholarship for D-1 basketball.

Correct--he is only a junior. He currently holds three D-1 basketball offers (UW-Milwaukee, SIU and Loyola), though I suspect more will be coming this year. Heard he loves playing football and all that goes with it (and he is a pretty great QB), but his future is in basketball.

Sidenote--Notre Dame has three juniors with D1 offers on their basketball team this year (Sayles along with Troy D'Amico with offers from SLU and SIU as well as Louis Lesmond with offers from Illinois, Dayton, Nebraska). All three ranked in the Illinois class of 2021. Should be a fun next two years for the hoop Dons.

Correct--he is only a junior. He currently holds three D-1 basketball offers (UW-Milwaukee, SIU and Loyola), though I suspect more will be coming this year. Heard he loves playing football and all that goes with it (and he is a pretty great QB), but his future is in basketball.

Sidenote--Notre Dame has three juniors with D1 offers on their basketball team this year (Sayles along with Troy D'Amico with offers from SLU and SIU as well as Louis Lesmond with offers from Illinois, Dayton, Nebraska). All three ranked in the Illinois class of 2021. Should be a fun next two years for the hoop Dons.
No better place to watch a hoops game than ND! They have beaten a lot of my Maine South teams in that gym!

Reactions: ESCC fan and eireog
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT