ADVERTISEMENT

North Central vs Mt. Union D3 Championship

NapervilleBuck

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
MHB beat NCC in the championship last year. This year they are playing in downtown Naperville for the right to go to the Stagg bowl. It’s on ESPN+. NC up 7-0 in the first.

NCCs QB is Luke Lehnen from Chatham Glenwood. Kid looks pretty good. MHB fumbles the kickoff and NCC gets it back.

Reactions: rocketnation
NCC is chock full of Chicagoland kids. Matt Quinn from Neuqua just caught a TD. NCC looking good so far. 21-7 with the ball.

Reactions: William Foster
Pretty solid showing by the Cards. 49-14 final. Mt. Union next Friday in the Stagg Bowl.

Yea, Wartburg showed up for certain. Great game.

Also, Gronowski had a pretty good game in the FCS quarters today, leading SDSU to a 42-21 win over a pretty good undefeated Holy Cross squad. Montana St next on the docket.

Reactions: dapiech and Gene K.
Going to be a great game

Hopefully edgy doesn’t flush this thread
To be clear.......during the IHSA football season I try to limit the threads and discussions to mainly IHSA football...once the season ends I happily welcome D3 and really any other football talk etc as long as it follows the various rules etc.

To be clear.......during the IHSA football season I try to limit the threads and discussions to mainly IHSA football...once the season ends I happily welcome D3 and really any other football talk etc as long as it follows the various rules etc.
Hey @EdgyTim what is the rational for this?

Some of us like to discuss the local D3 teams and it’s always quality conversation.

You flushed a thread after a local program had arguably the biggest D3 upset of all time (Aurora over Whitewater). Seemed very odd.

These d3 schools are loaded with local kids and there are some proud alum that like discussing HS ball and small school college ball as well.

Hey @EdgyTim what is the rational for this?

Some of us like to discuss the local D3 teams and it’s always quality conversation.

You flushed a thread after a local program had arguably the biggest D3 upset of all time (Aurora over Whitewater). Seemed very odd.

These d3 schools are loaded with local kids and there are some proud alum that like discussing HS ball and small school college ball as well.
I think he already answered your question. We are actually very fortunate to have a free board this active in Illinois for high school football. I also follow Pennsylvania football and the PA board totally blows. Tim's main focus is as a football recruiting analyst and talent evaluator. Running this message board is an added bonus for us.

Last edited:
I think he already answered your question. We are actually very fortunate to have a board this active in Illinois for high school football. I also follow Pennsylvania football and the PA board totally blows. Tim's main focus is as a football recruiting analyst and talent evaluator. Running the message board is an added bonus for us.
What he says ^^^^^^^^^

Reactions: Snetsrak61
I think he already answered your question. We are actually very fortunate to have a free board this active in Illinois for high school football. I also follow Pennsylvania football and the PA board totally blows. Tim's main focus is as a football recruiting analyst and talent evaluator. Running this message board is an added bonus for us.
No he didn’t answer my question.

Why can’t a thread regarding local college football teams with local HS players/coaches be allowed on this board?

No he didn’t answer my question.

Why can’t a thread regarding local college football teams with local HS players/coaches be allowed on this board?
Because this is a high school football message board....and the focus especially during a very short season is on IHSA football......I'm sure you can go to a D3 board and talk 24 hours a day on a D3 football board....and in the off-season you are more than welcome to talk some d3 IF it has a connection this this area....but once I allow D3 then here comes the downward spiral of "why cant we talk grade school football" etc. That's why.

• Love
Reactions: NNFAN and Gene K.
Because this is a high school football message board....and the focus especially during a very short season is on IHSA football......I'm sure you can go to a D3 board and talk 24 hours a day on a D3 football board....and in the off-season you are more than welcome to talk some d3 IF it has a connection this this area....but once I allow D3 then here comes the downward spiral of "why cant we talk grade school football" etc. That's why.
D3boards.com

Region 5 board is the Midwest board that covers the local conferences, some pretty solid posters over there have really good insight into what is going on.

D3boards.com

Region 5 board is the Midwest board that covers the local conferences, some pretty solid posters over there have really good insight into what is going on.
Agree. I’ve been reading that for years. Less posters these days but very insightful d3 football discussion.

Reactions: ClownBaby
For those interested, the championship game vs Mt. Union is tonight at 6pm ct on ESPNU. Should be a great game but I think NC has too much for the Purple Raiders.

Reactions: NNFAN and forlouann
For those interested, the championship game vs Mt. Union is tonight at 6pm ct on ESPNU. Should be a great game but I think NC has too much for the Purple Raiders.
I have the worst TV package ever since I’m mainly streaming and don’t get ESPNU so I’ll use it as an excuse to head over to Crosstown Pub for some wings, last year they had decent crowd there watching the game.

• Love
Reactions: NapervilleBuck
I have the worst TV package ever since I’m mainly streaming and don’t get ESPNU so I’ll use it as an excuse to head over to Crosstown Pub for some wings, last year they had decent crowd there watching the game.
Not a bad spot. Probably less crowded than Lantern, Jax Ave, Peanuts, etal.

Not a bad spot. Probably less crowded than Lantern, Jax Ave, Peanuts, etal.
I try to never go to DT Naperville although I'm going to Hugo's tomorrow night dinner. Crosstown does have the Thai peanut wings which are my all my all time favorite and an added bonus to go with the football.

Reactions: NapervilleBuck
Congrats to NCC. Three consecutive title game appearances with two championships. Looked like they would cruise to the title, leading 21-0 entering 4th quarter. Mt. Union discovered their passing game a bit too late. If NCC had any weakness at all this season it was their pass coverage.

Reactions: forlouann
I thought it was a tremendous block and is the hardest block in football IMO.
Seems like it gets called a lot on that type of play. As the play went to the outside players hands naturally move from inside the frame of the body to the shoulders. Looked like he had a hold around the shoulders at the pivotal moment.
Replay

Reactions: Gene K.
Seems like it gets called a lot on that type of play. As the play went to the outside players hands naturally move from inside the frame of the body to the shoulders. Looked like he had a hold around the shoulders at the pivotal moment.
Replay
That’s a hold. He’s not driving him or controlling him with superior feet or position, he’s restricting him at the point of attack. Not the most egregious but did impact the play.

That’s a hold. He’s not driving him or controlling him with superior feet or position, he’s restricting him at the point of attack. Not the most egregious but did impact the play.
Yeah. Huge swing in the game on 3rd and 10

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT