ADVERTISEMENT

Norridge Ridgewood 34 River Grove Guerin 0

dmthunder77

May 13, 2003
Game moved to Ridgewood due to Guerin's poor field conditions due to rain. Ridgewood should get to 6 win playoff mark with final game against Melrose Park Walther Christian.

What an awful conference

Just curious. Do you believe the Metro Suburban will be better, the same or a worse conference with the additions of Aurora Christian, Bishop Mac and St. Francis?

Significantly better. I know AC and Bmac are small schools but they immediately become top 3-4 in conference. SF should rebuild very quickly in that conference.

I totally agree. Just not sure what other people's perceptions are. Admittedly I am an AC Homer but do my best to maintain objectivity.

AC is loaded at the lower levels. The current 8th grade crop is ridiculous.

Mac is always tough and competitive.

Your comment about Francis is on point. It won't be long before the small a schools in that conference complain Francis is in it.

Just curious. Do you believe the Metro Suburban will be better, the same or a worse conference with the additions of Aurora Christian, Bishop Mac and St. Francis?

I think all of those public schools leave in two years.

A long, circuitous route to reform the SCC without Montini.

And Marmion, Marian Central, St. Francis.

Don't forget, St. Francis won the 5A state championship in 2008. This was a very competitive program for several years. Marmion was runner up in class 6A. Marian was nearly as good as Montini, just couldn't get over the Bronco hump. AC was virtually untouchable in class 3A for a 3 year run.

These 5 schools were ousted by the remaining 7 schools. The deal was done in clandestine meetings. Why was a fellow 3A school like Aurora Christian not invited to the Metro Suburban? The same reason Immaculate Conception would not be invited if the deal happened today.

Truth is, people were flat out deceived. Secret meetings happened. Doing deals outside the light of truth, especially amongst faith based schools, was not cool. I could say a lot more about how all of this went down but I'll refrain.

Hopefully this is a step in the direction of a new Private Suburban conference of similar sized schools which offers fair, competitive matchups.

Reactions: ignazio
Truth is, people were flat out deceived. Secret meetings happened. Doing deals outside the light of truth, especially amongst faith based schools, was not cool. I could say a lot more about how all of this went down but I'll refrain.

Having served on several non-profit boards, I've learned one thing:
Once the "meeting before the meeting" or the "meeting after the meeting" becomes the place where all matters are decided, it's time to leave.

Reactions: Cat Box
It's time for the East Suburban League.
West Leyden
East Leyden
Morton West
Morton East
R-B
Elmwood Park
Ridgewood
Fenton

Almost entirely contiguous. New rivalries emerge between schools that aren't really rivals now due to size disparity. WL/EL, EL/EP, WL/F, ME/MW, MW/R-B.

Possible landing spot for the Provisos? Maine East and Maine West? Argo? Westmont and Lisle? Add 4 of these for a total of 12 and go/little divisions or geography divisions. East Suburban East and East Suburban West are fun names.

The unforeseen bonus for the overall conference landscape is the openings in the WSC allow them to add the Napers and the Valleys.

DGS
DGN
HC
HS
York
LT
OPRF
GW
AT
WB
NN
NC
NV
MV
WV

Invite Bolingbrook for two 8-team divisions
Don't invite Bolingbrook for three 5-team divisions.

How fun would that be?

It's time for the East Suburban League.
West Leyden
East Leyden
Morton West
Morton East
R-B
Elmwood Park
Ridgewood
Fenton

Almost entirely contiguous. New rivalries emerge between schools that aren't really rivals now due to size disparity. WL/EL, EL/EP, WL/F, ME/MW, MW/R-B.

Possible landing spot for the Provisos? Maine East and Maine West? Argo? Westmont and Lisle? Add 4 of these for a total of 12 and go/little divisions or geography divisions. East Suburban East and East Suburban West are fun names.

The unforeseen bonus for the overall conference landscape is the openings in the WSC allow them to add the Napers and the Valleys.

DGS
DGN
HC
HS
York
LT
OPRF
GW
AT
WB
NN
NC
NV
MV
WV

Invite Bolingbrook for two 8-team divisions
Don't invite Bolingbrook for three 5-team divisions.

How fun would that be?

Catch-22

Brilliant post. Would you please create a new thread with this post. It is too good to be buried in this thread.

All this conference re-arranging is due to the football playoff system.
One, average-to-low teams are frustrated that they can't get in, can't consistently improve, etc. with a given 4 or 5 losses built into their schedules. And we'd all admit: there are few surprises as to whom qualifies each year.
Two, the playoff system is flawed with EVERYONE trying to game the system: get 5 wins and 36 playoff points. Currently we have a team in the playoffs w/ a 7-1 record w/ 21 playoff points, who lost to a legit 2-6 non-qualifying team (giving up 75 points on the way!) Further, they're going to go in at 8-1 and get absolutely plowed by a 5-4 team.

THE. SYSTEM. IS. FLAWED.

Schedule a legit opponent, and they may forfeit on you. Maybe they decide to forfeit after they play you, giving you no playoff points. Good teams can't get games, middle teams can't get competition and weak programs can't get going because, why bother.

Just go to an 8-game schedule, then run an all-in, legitimately-seeded tournament starting in Week 9.

Besides CPS what other conference is worse than Metro Suburban RED. Ridgewood, Elmwood Park, Aurora Christian, Guerin, Chicago Christian and Walther Lutheran. LOL. What a joke

Correction: Aurora Central Catholic (not Aurora Christian)

Reactions: maywood11
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT