ADVERTISEMENT

Non CPL State Playoff Edition: Week 2

Thereturnofcmonman

Oct 4, 2019
We don't need no CPL action (that's in a different thread!!!), we don't need no noise control (let the student sections roll!!!!), only appropriate chants in the stands. Hey, security, leave those kids alone!!!!!!!!!!!!! All in all, it's just another time to make picks!!!!!!!!

Class 1A: Carrollton vs. Greenfield/Northwestern Co-op
"Boy, the way those bands had played. Songs that made us all parade (up and down the sidelines). Guys like us, we had it made (duh, it's playoff time)!!! Those were the days! Didn't need no passing game (not when you can run the rock), everybody pulled their weight (Run Power!!!), Gee our old RB ran great...Those were the days!!!!!!" Carroll O'Connor says those were the days, so we must listen. Take Carrollton!!!!!!!!

Class 2A: Breese (Mater Dei) vs. Johnston City
"Walking to the south out of Roanoke (why aren't you running??), I caught a runner out of City with a nice long tackle, cause he was heading west from the A and B gap (of course, why would we run north and south) to Johnson City, Tennessee." Well, Johnston City may as well run to Tennessee, because they won't be running into the end zone. Take Mater Dei!

Class 3A: Williamsville vs. Fairfield
"I can turn the gray sky blue(please no rain), I can make it rain whenever I want it to(come on, I just asked for no rain), I can build a castle from a single blade of grass (is this grass or turf?), I can make a ship sail on dry land (not on the grass, we just re-sodded it!). Oh my life is incomplete (like these passing games) and I'm so blue, because I can't get next to you (the stands are filled and I'm late)." Love Paul Williams, love the Temptations. Take Williamsville

Class 4A: Freeburg vs. Carterville
"If I leave here tomorrow (tomorrow's Thursday, so I guess I'm camping out for a good seat), would you still remember me (who would forget this thread?). For I must be traveling on now(with all this great action, who wouldn't?), Cause there's too many places I've got to see(so much action this week)...If I stay here with you girl, things just couldn't be the same(If I miss playoff action, we are breaking up), cause I'm as Free as a Burg now, and this burg you cannot change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Play FreeBurg!!! Take FreeBurg!!!

Class 5A: Morris vs. Morton
"Take a seat, right over there, sit on the stairs(damn it, no seats available again!). Stay or leave (why would I ever leave?), The end zone is bare, and they are so unaware. So pass it shorter, why are you passing at all? Why don't you run them over, I can't watch this anymore? Oh Morton, why don't you just run it down The Middle!!!!! I'm losing, my mind just a little (a lot actually). So why don't you just run it down the middle (Iso works well)? Down the Middle!!!" Morton refuses to run it down the middle, so I'll take Morris to win a defensive struggle!

Class 6A: Harlem vs. Lake Forest
"Here we go again, I wanna kinda watch more passing! So take it easy on them, I'm afraid they'll want to throw too much. Here we go again, we're sick like animals, it's 3rd and 10(man I ate too many hot dogs). You're just a rebel and I'm afraid I won't get out on time!!....Oh oh, I want some more(Overtime!!!!!), oh oh, what are you waiting forrrrr????Say goodbye to Harlem tonight." There's a lot of Neon Trees in a forest(well, maybe just trees), so I'll take Lake Forest.

I'll leave the other contributors to work on the 7A and 8A Bonus games!!!

Playoffs!

Class 1A: Carrollton vs. Greenfield/Northwestern Co-op
In small school games, always take the Co-op. If the Co-op has a /, it's a no brainer.
Co-op!

Class 2A: Breese (Mater Dei) vs. Johnston City
Steve Spurrier went to Johnston City....Tennessee, plus I love towns that put City in their name.
Going Downtown!

Class 3A: Williamsville vs. Fairfield
Seems like this matchup should would take place in medieval England and be fought by knights on the green.
Tally Ho!

Class 4A: Freeburg vs. Carterville
One of the best things about the IHSA playoffs is seeing all the 'Burgs, Villes, and Fields that I've never heard of.
Take Geography!

Class 5A: Morris vs. Morton
In a playoff battle of 1950's sitcom characters, take the one that sounds like the crabby neighbor. Pays to be feisty in the playoffs!
Get off My lawn!
Morris!

Class 6A: Harlem vs. Lake Forest
I can't think of Harlem without thinking about the Globetrotters. Damn, I loved Meadowlark Lemon. The Generals are going down today!
Give me the bucket of confettii!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT