ADVERTISEMENT

Nominate: Week 4 IHSA All Star Player of the Week caniddiates

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Please nominate your worthy state-wide IHSA Chicago Bears Football Player of the Week Candidate from this weekend's action here. If possible please provide any stats etc

Thanks as always

Mascoutah’s Chase Hanson put up six touchdowns(4 passing and 2 rushing) in a 42-21 win over conference foe Waterloo this week. Finished 20/29 passing for 298 yards and picked up 55 more on the ground off 13 carries. Also played some defense and recorded a couple tackles as well.

He has had one of the most productive seasons in the state so far with 1054 yards in the air off 71/104 passing for 13 tds. On the ground he’s picked up 335 yards(averaging 6.7 a carry) and 8 tds. Also ran back a pick six last week. Meaning he is averaging 5.5 touchdowns per game so far.

Apologies to all the other fine performances by all the HS athletes across the state this week, the correct answer for this week is Maldonado or the award is meaningless.

Malik Armstrong Minooka HS. Friday stats vs Plainfield Central 7 catches, 174 receiving, 2 rec td’s and 1 kick return TD

DeAndre Young Harlem High School 3 catches 166 yards 3 TD's. Punt returned 61 yards for a TD. 1 solo tackle and 9 assists on defense.

Reactions: zimmwr8015
Please nominate your worthy state-wide IHSA Chicago Bears Football Player of the Week Candidate from this weekend's action here. If possible please provide any stats etc

Thanks as always
Brayton Maske WN 210 yards rushing vs. SCN

I'm a little biased, but I'm gonna second Jack Lausch for player of the week.
280 yards passing
156 yards rushing
6 TD's against what many believe is the best defense in the state. Its unfortunate Rice didnt get the ball back at the end of the game. I am confident they could have put it in the end zone.

Reactions: Gene K. and dweise
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT