ADVERTISEMENT

Nominate: Week 2 State-Wide IHSA All Star Player of the Week

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Please nominate your worthy candidate for the Week 2 State-Wide IHSA All Star Player of the Week.

Also please provide any info such as stats etc and why they deserve this state wide honor

@MS4EVER if there was ever a time to nominate a defensive player to win the award this is the week. Who was the man for the Hawks?

Maine South’s Hawk Nation?
I’ll leave it to @MS4EVER to decide between the two, but I would nominate either Tommy Locascio for a key interception in his own end zone leading to the only TD of the game or Thaddeus Gianaris with sacks, pressures and disruptions while taking charge of the line of scrimmage.

While Tommy’s interception was the play of the day I have to give it to Teddy Gianaris!! He was an absolute load all night and gave Warren fits. Off the field he is mild-mannered polite and very respectful. I believe he is hoping to go Ivy League to play football. They would be lucky to have him.

Reactions: Gene K.
Kaiden Miller WR - Grayslake Central

7 receptions for 267 yds. and two TDs including a school record 97 yard Touchdown outrunning Mundelein's fastest athlete and a 65 yds game winner with 14 seconds left in the game.
Added two kickoff returns of 20 and 22 for a cumulative Total Purpose yards mark of 309. Not bad for a receiver.
Miller tacked on 7 tackles and 2 PBUs on defense.
Clutch, Gritty, Elite... Call that performance whatever you'd like.

Alternate nomination:
Darryl Overstreet Jr. QB 17/28 402 yds, 4 TD's
Officially becoming Grayslake Centrals all-time leader for Passing Touchdowns in a career with 23.

Second on Overstreet - first time rams are 2-0 in nearly a decade

Kaiden Miller WR - Grayslake Central

7 receptions for 267 yds. and two TDs including a school record 97 yard Touchdown outrunning Mundelein's fastest athlete and a 65 yds game winner with 14 seconds left in the game.
Added two kickoff returns of 20 and 22 for a cumulative Total Purpose yards mark of 309. Not bad for a receiver.
Miller tacked on 7 tackles and 2 PBUs on defense.
Clutch, Gritty, Elite... Call that performance whatever you'd like.

Alternate nomination:
Darryl Overstreet Jr. QB 17/28 402 yds, 4 TD's
Officially becoming Grayslake Centrals all-time leader for Passing Touchdowns in a career with 23.
and their coach should be coach of the week

Reactions: BIGR79
BHRA Senior RB/CB Rhett Harper
20 carries for 239 Yards 3 TD’s
2 Receptions for 70 Yards and 1 TD
7 tackles defensively

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT