ADVERTISEMENT

Newt!!!

He’s a fan it wouldn’t be legit! Hahaha just kidding Newt! 👍
Don’t go Flyers on me! 🤣 Guys just having fun couldn’t help myself after the other thread back and forth.

5. Beating NT 3 times in six months is amazing!! But I have to say I’m always sad watching kids play football for the last time.
Completely agree. There have been times where I’ve gotten choked up at the end of someone’s senior year and I didn’t even know them but I remember that feeling back in my day.

Reactions: Gene K. and jvp123
Crusader is an Althoff guy who represent the 618. At least have respect for who you are calling ESL guys. That’s like me calling you a bowlingbrook fan. Geez. Lol
Just stop. If you’re that overly sensitive about something appearing to be criticism that isn’t, seek help.

It’s good natured bantering back and forth nothing more. If it upsets you that much, may I recommend a few episodes of Masterpiece Theatre.

Just stop. If you’re that overly sensitive about something appearing to be criticism that isn’t, seek help.

It’s good natured bantering back and forth nothing more. If it upsets you that much, may I recommend a few episodes of Masterpiece Theatre.
Lol right!
I feel like some of these guys need to relax. It’s really only HS football. 😊

It’s a board and who gets upset about a board. That’s hillarious. I’m stating a fact. If it bothers you about stating a fact then so be it.

I personally like to be as knowledgeable as possible. Maybe you don’t. No problem here.
Okay knowledgeable one thing overreacting is another. I will say it one more time. It’s HS football nothing more nothing less. It’s not life or death like something you need to protect. Ease up we will have another week.

Reactions: Googertys Dog
I'll Change things back...

#8. That we have long heard about Phillips, Simeon and Morgan Park in the CPS. But watch out for Taft in the future.
Will Phillips start to drop now that McAlister has departed ?

CPL sports are so head coach dependent. While a head coach makes a huge difference in any program at any school, it gets magnified 100-fold in CPS. Countless programs, football or other, have dropped off the map after a HC leaves. The cupboard was definitely not bare at Phillips, but time will tell if the new coach can replenish it and continue the success.

Reactions: Gene K.
How good is Pecatonia in 3A? Do they have a chance against I/C?
Not sure. Pec won the NUIC this year. They came in third 2 years ago and got clobbered by Byron in the playoffs. This year they won’t be NUIC. It could be interesting.

Reactions: stl705

The Answer is no it won't Drop now that he is gone. McAlister was a Good Coach, and a Great co-worker but I would not give the entire success of the Program to him.
If Phillips wins the second or third round this year I would consider it a successful year without him. Parents are still sending their kids to the school. The program should continue to grow.

Reactions: Gene K.
CPL sports are so head coach dependent. While a head coach makes a huge difference in any program at any school, it gets magnified 100-fold in CPS. Countless programs, football or other, have dropped off the map after a HC leaves. The cupboard was definitely not bare at Phillips, but time will tell if the new coach can replenish it and continue the success.
I agree 100% time will tell, parents are still sending kids to the Phillips. The Program should be straight for a while.

Reactions: GhostOfTheGhhost
I agree 100% time will tell, parents are still sending kids to the Phillips. The Program should be straight for a while.
There was talk earlier in the year about Phillips no longer being an AUSL school after this year. If that’s true does that mean they go back to being a traditional neighborhood school? I don’t know how all that worked with the AUSL designation.

There was talk earlier in the year about Phillips no longer being an AUSL school after this year. If that’s true does that mean they go back to being a traditional neighborhood school? I don’t know how all that worked with the AUSL designation.
Yeah that part Definitely sucks, at least we know that experiment works. ASUL definitely worked not just at Phillips, Look at Orr’s Basketball program they were extremely successful.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT