ADVERTISEMENT

New Video Scoreboards

OPRF Illini 96

Gold Member
Jul 30, 2018
Went by De La Salle the other day, and the school is installing a new scoreboard to replace the long-outdated one.

And not just any new board - but a video scoreboard. The DLS alumni and boosters really stepped up apparently. Now if only something could be done about the outdated, rickety bleachers...

Also, Lyons Township is getting a video scoreboard for this fall.

Reactions: Gene K.
I miss the days of no score board. The score was "if you know you know"

Fancy smancy video scoreboards! These young kids need to be humbled and use the good ole' fashion freshmen B-Team scoreboard for a season.

71eEDY7r89L._AC_SX679_.jpg

Many of them are privately fund raised for and aren't coming out of budgets.
Hinsdale Central’s video board was paid for by Hinsdale Community Bank. Now the stadium is named Dickinson Field at Hinsdale Community Bank Stadium.

Reactions: OLcoach65
I wonder if the location of any video scoreboards has produced backlash from neighbors? Also, do the donors of these devices provide ongoing financial support for any increased energy consumptions during home events?

I wonder if the location of any video scoreboards has produced backlash from neighbors? Also, do the donors of these devices provide ongoing financial support for any increased energy consumptions during home events?
Who cares? Why do you wonder? Seems like your against the donation.

Reactions: McCaravan
If they can handle 1,000’s of screaming fans, stadium lights, school bands, traffic and PA announcers they can handle an occasional flash from a big scoreboard. And while these scoreboards are cool, it’s not like they are the ones you see at a Pro or Big Ten Stadium

Reactions: johnndoe
The scoreboards are likely LED and way more efficient than the ones they are replacing. Also no need to replace bulbs every year.

Reactions: johnndoe
And while these scoreboards are cool, it’s not like they are the ones you see at a Pro or Big Ten Stadium
Maybe not the pros or upper level college, where the entire stadium is incorporated - but they can do some crazy stuff. Pretty much an extended computer screen. When teamed with newer technology LED stadium lights, with on demand on/off, they can get some pretty cool production.

Reactions: McCaravan
Drove by Batavia over the weekend and saw they are redoing their grandstand. Look forward to seeing what goes up. Great stadium.

Reactions: BataviaDogs1
Went by De La Salle the other day, and the school is installing a new scoreboard to replace the long-outdated one.

And not just any new board - but a video scoreboard. The DLS alumni and boosters really stepped up apparently. Now if only something could be done about the outdated, rickety bleachers...

Also, Lyons Township is getting a video scoreboard for this fall.
DLS currently has the largest HS scoreboard in the state according to Daktronics. I've heard the bleachers are coming soon.

Reactions: Gene K. and USD24
Rumor has it Reed-Custer is getting one with their new field turf as well. Could be motivation for the dream class that they have been hyping for the last 6 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT