ADVERTISEMENT

New Season of Last Chance U

McCaravan

Gold Member
Feb 1, 2016
Little off topic on a hectic day, I binged watched the new season of Last Chance U. I liked it. Not as eventful as seasons past but a different angle with a inner city JUCO vs the ones in the sticks. Coach was much better then the annoying Jason Brown of seasons 3 and 4. Few of the players stories were kinda dull. In a year where I was dying for some Sports I gave it a Thumbs Up.

My kid's had it on the last few days. I've caught bits and pieces and I give it a thumbs up also. 1st time watching this Netflix show. I'm gonna have to go back and watch the others now. I think the coach is a bit of a hothead , loses his cool pretty easily. Don't you think? He definitely has tough love for his players.

My kid's had it on the last few days. I've caught bits and pieces and I give it a thumbs up also. 1st time watching this Netflix show. I'm gonna have to go back and watch the others now. I think the coach is a bit of a hothead , loses his cool pretty easily. Don't you think? He definitely has tough love for his players.
Just wait until you go back and watch the 1st season, then season 3. Season 5 was tame
In comparison.

Agree it was ok. Certainly something decent to fill the void. I agree not as strong as the earlier seasons. I read this is the last football one. They are going to do basketball next (,whenever that is)

Definitely not as eventful as previous seasons as much less players and coaches were covered. Kind of took away from the in game moments as you only know 4 or 5 players as opposed to the 10 to 15. I will say that I didn't find myself rooting against the team so that a kid would learn a lesson as I did in other seasons. I wonder if the end result of production was based on how the previous seasons played out? Like they wanted to protect the images of coaches and players more

Definitely not as eventful as previous seasons as much less players and coaches were covered. Kind of took away from the in game moments as you only know 4 or 5 players as opposed to the 10 to 15. I will say that I didn't find myself rooting against the team so that a kid would learn a lesson as I did in other seasons. I wonder if the end result of production was based on how the previous seasons played out? Like they wanted to protect the images of coaches and players more
I felt the same way with protecting players. Didn't go into their past very deeply if there were behavior issues like they did in past seasons. Very vanilla overall

Reactions: Gene K.
Was boring.
Prior seasons at least had a few entitled ex-D1 players that had to endure Juco.
Dorms/living on campus leads to more mischief/decisions/player drama.
Did not showcase enough individual cases why kids were there (grades, trouble, etc).
Kids were in MS ans KS to play football and go to class, nothing else to do.
Too much going on in Oakland
There were no player "personalities" that were entertaining.

Just finished. Much more realistic but not as entertaining. This gave a portrayal of life at a non scholarship Juco. The head coach in this season was much calmer than the first two guys. I don't think he had it in him to really play it up for the cameras. I think the disaster that was Independence behind the scenes is the exception more than the rule.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT