ADVERTISEMENT

New IHSA Proposal

ignazio

Oct 25, 2007
I would like to announce my new IHSA proposal for football.

Beginning in the 2015-2016 season, 9 teams will be selected to play Sycamore. They will be required to travel, dress and present themselves as contesting a football game against the mighty Spartans. Teams will be expected to let Sycamore score at will and no opponent will present more effort than you would if you were playing against your nephews in the backyard.

Visiting opponents will be required to fill the visiting stands and cry shouts of "c'mon boys!" and "let's go!" until the conclusion of the game.

At the end of the game opponents will be required to tearfully say "good game, you really took it to us today" or some other believable statement.

At the end of the season, the playoffs will be structured so that Montini wins the opposite bracket. The game will be played and Sycamore will win by running clock. At the end of the game, Montini coaches and players will be required to make comments to the media saying such things as "we've never seen such a great team as the mighty Spartans of Sycamore" and "they're the greatest team that ever got off the bus."

Sycamore will be presented with a trophy no less than double the size of the other trophies awarded.

Media will be instructed to rank Sycamore #1 at the end of the season, and the next highest team will be ranked no higher than #11.

I would like to announce my new IHSA proposal for football.

Beginning in the 2015-2016 season, 9 teams will be selected to play Sycamore. They will be required to travel, dress and present themselves as contesting a football game against the mighty Spartans. Teams will be expected to let Sycamore score at will and no opponent will present more effort than you would if you were playing against your nephews in the backyard.

Visiting opponents will be required to fill the visiting stands and cry shouts of "c'mon boys!" and "let's go!" until the conclusion of the game.

At the end of the game opponents will be required to tearfully say "good game, you really took it to us today" or some other believable statement.

At the end of the season, the playoffs will be structured so that Montini wins the opposite bracket. The game will be played and Sycamore will win by running clock. At the end of the game, Montini coaches and players will be required to make comments to the media saying such things as "we've never seen such a great team as the mighty Spartans of Sycamore" and "they're the greatest team that ever got off the bus."

Sycamore will be presented with a trophy no less than double the size of the other trophies awarded.

Media will be instructed to rank Sycamore #1 at the end of the season, and the next highest team will be ranked no higher than #11.
I mean, it seems legit.

Reactions: Bowie50 and Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT