ADVERTISEMENT

Neuqua - 0 DeKalb - 14 Final

NapervilleBuck

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Mennecke started at QB (first action since 1h, G2) and the offensive play calling went back to the Stone Age. MM got hurt running and is now out. Looked pretty bad.

• Wow
Reactions: Gene K.
NV turns it over on downs after 1st and goal. They ran the same play 3 times into the end zone to Larkin.

I didn't see this coming..
Sadly I did. Penalties on the NV defense aided in both TD drives. Penalties on offense killed every drive NV had. The D knows they have to play lights out every game because of the ineffective offensive scheme. Tonight that caught up to them. Again. Broken record, unfortunately.

• Sad
Reactions: Gene K. and MIKEFTB
Sadly I did. Penalties on the NV defense aided in both TD drives. Penalties on offense killed every drive NV had. The D knows they have to play lights out every game because of the ineffective offensive scheme. Tonight that caught up to them. Again. Broken record, unfortunately.
What was the difference with the offense between this game and the Naperville North game? Put up 29 in that one.

Reactions: NapervilleBuck
What was the difference with the offense between this game and the Naperville North game? Put up 29 in that one.
The offense had a little help that week in scheme/play calling. Almost as if the offense was the 2019 Gronowski-led offense.

Reactions: MIKEFTB
Buck- was I way off thinking NV was going to be really good this year? Man I’m shocked.
I think they had 16 or so starters back from last year. Last years team was pretty good and there were massive expectations on the Southside.

Knowing more than a few kids on the team I can tell you that the frustration with the offensive scheme is palpable. Penalties, running the same play over and over again without results, and a lack of an offensive identity has kept this team from attaining it’s potential. Losing MM certainly didn’t help. He’s a great kid and I wish him good health going forward.

The defense is really good but it’s hard to play with an edge all of the time when you know the offense is incapable of making plays.

I think they had 16 or so starters back from last year. Last years team was pretty good and there were massive expectations on the Southside.

Knowing more than a few kids on the team I can tell you that the frustration with the offensive scheme is palpable. Penalties, running the same play over and over again without results, and a lack of an offensive identity has kept this team from attaining it’s potential. Losing MM certainly didn’t help. He’s a great kid and I wish him good health going forward.

The defense is really good but it’s hard to play with an edge all of the time when you know the offense is incapable of making plays.

Get me the OC job and I’ll fly back immediately. I’ve seen it and it’s frustrating. I know a lot of those kids!

I will put up 28 points a game with those kids. Hell… let’s make it easy… I can Zoom Coach from Nevada.

You in Buck?

Reactions: NapervilleBuck
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT