ADVERTISEMENT

Need to Vent . . .

Before Friday's game, Sox offense had only recorded 3 hits out of 39 at-bats (.077) while bases loaded for this season.

This team could realistically lose the next three in Tampa and get swept by the Dodgers. They all need to go except for Katz. All of them. Even the base coaches.
Then what? I'll admit, like everyone else, I was surprised by the LaRussa hiring. I don't know how much of the Texas series you saw. But that was bad baseball by two bad teams. And they aren't even the worst teams in the league.

I was in Texas and saw some of the Friday night game with the Rangers broadcasters. My son and I couldn't believe the Texas right fielder lost track of the inning and thought the game was over in the 8th. That most likely opened the door to a big inning by the Sox. The broadcasters weren't impressed. I am saying that nicely. They touched on it in their post game show as well. That stupidity isn't coaching.

Fast forward to yesterday. I was home and didn't see most of the game but did see the last inning. That incredibly, incredibly stupid baserunning to end the game by Robert might be the dumbest thing I saw so far this year. I only say might because I see stupidity in every game played at the MLB level and it's disgusting. That crap Robert did yesterday wasn't coaching or bad coaching. The play is right in front of him. He had no clue of the situation. Why in the hell is that? It's not bad coaching.

In the post game show Ozzie was beside himself and so was Pods. Just awful baseball and not by Robert alone. Just horrible at bats too. Most of the guys on the Sox go up to the plate without a plan. That is also true of the league as well. These guys have some talent. But the vast majority of players in MLB are not students of the game. They really don't know how to play. I don't think it's all coaching. I don't even think the majority of the bad play is coaching. These guys just don't listen and don't know how to learn. And they don't care to do either.

Reactions: Gene K.
I must commend Rick Telander on his column this morning titled, "N.Y. Has Bombers; We Have Bummers" He is spot on on several points he makes when he compares the Yankees to the Cubs and White Sox. Seriously, there isn't a comparison. Telander wasted no time in bringing up...again...uncomfortable truths about the Sox and Cubs.

In the last 50 years the Sox have had 21 winning seasons, one WS appearance and one championship. The Cubs have had 16 winning seasons, have won their division 8 times and have one WS appearance and one WS championship. On the other hand, the Yankees haven't had a losing season in 30 years. And in the last 50 years N.Y. has won their division 20 times and have won 7 WS titles. More titles than any other team in that span. Is it any wonder why I am so skeptical about both Chicago teams?

The Cardinals have fared better than the Sox and Cubs combined in the in the last 50 years they have appeared in 7 WS and have won 3. And they have had 37 winning seasons in the last 50. St Louis has a population of around 300,000. And even the Mets have done better than the Sox and Cubs combined in that they have played in 5 WS since their inception in 1962. It's embarrassing.

Telander named some reasons he thinks exist as to why so many people hate the Yankees. But he left out the biggest reason...jealousy.

Both NY teams are looking real good right now. The Mets have won 45 games, second best in baseball and the Yankees have won 50, best in baseball. To this point, the Yankees are the best team I have seen in nearly 40 years. They are a machine. I remember the 1984 Tigers came out of the gate at 35-5. But as of this date, the Yankees are 50-17 while the Tigers on this date in 1984 were 49-18. And we know how that 1984 season ended for Detroit.

And just so that clown who said Rizzo has had trouble adjusting and hasn't been producing for the Yankees. Mr. Rizzo hit his 19th homerun in the 1st inning last night and drove in his 49th run. June 21st and he has numbers like that. Sure wish some of the Sox had such un-producing numbers offensively.

I must commend Rick Telander on his column this morning titled, "N.Y. Has Bombers; We Have Bummers" He is spot on on several points he makes when he compares the Yankees to the Cubs and White Sox. Seriously, there isn't a comparison. Telander wasted no time in bringing up...again...uncomfortable truths about the Sox and Cubs.

In the last 50 years the Sox have had 21 winning seasons, one WS appearance and one championship. The Cubs have had 16 winning seasons, have won their division 8 times and have one WS appearance and one WS championship. On the other hand, the Yankees haven't had a losing season in 30 years. And in the last 50 years N.Y. has won their division 20 times and have won 7 WS titles. More titles than any other team in that span. Is it any wonder why I am so skeptical about both Chicago teams?

The Cardinals have fared better than the Sox and Cubs combined in the in the last 50 years they have appeared in 7 WS and have won 3. And they have had 37 winning seasons in the last 50. St Louis has a population of around 300,000. And even the Mets have done better than the Sox and Cubs combined in that they have played in 5 WS since their inception in 1962. It's embarrassing.

Telander named some reasons he thinks exist as to why so many people hate the Yankees. But he left out the biggest reason...jealousy.

Both NY teams are looking real good right now. The Mets have won 45 games, second best in baseball and the Yankees have won 50, best in baseball. To this point, the Yankees are the best team I have seen in nearly 40 years. They are a machine. I remember the 1984 Tigers came out of the gate at 35-5. But as of this date, the Yankees are 50-17 while the Tigers on this date in 1984 were 49-18. And we know how that 1984 season ended for Detroit.

And just so that clown who said Rizzo has had trouble adjusting and hasn't been producing for the Yankees. Mr. Rizzo hit his 19th homerun in the 1st inning last night and drove in his 49th run. June 21st and he has numbers like that. Sure wish some of the Sox had such un-producing numbers offensively.
LTHS
I feel you. Sox fans has high expectations in this team the past couple years only to be smacked in the face. Me being a Cubs fan I will say trading Rizzo hurt and I didn’t like it when they did it an still don’t Ike it. I get you have to get younger but he was the face of the Cubs and was still producing good numbers. Us Chicago fans Sox or Cubs are pawns in the owner’s horrible schemes to make money. Unfortunately we fans are the poor souls paying them. Wait we have the Bears season to look forward to right! Hahaha! Wow being a Chicago fan is tough. 👍

Reactions: LTHSALUM76
LTHS
I feel you. Sox fans has high expectations in this team the past couple years only to be smacked in the face. Me being a Cubs fan I will say trading Rizzo hurt and I didn’t like it when they did it an still don’t Ike it. I get you have to get younger but he was the face of the Cubs and was still producing good numbers. Us Chicago fans Sox or Cubs are pawns in the owner’s horrible schemes to make money. Unfortunately we fans are the poor souls paying them. Wait we have the Bears season to look forward to right! Hahaha! Wow being a Chicago fan is tough. 👍
Corey:
I had to laugh when I read this because you sound just like me. I will agree being a Chicago fan is tough. I'll go further and say being a Chicago fan sucks. I really don't have a problem with the Hawks, though. They told the fans they locked up a bunch of guys for the long haul and more than one Cup. And they delivered. In exchange they said once the winning was over the rebuild would start. But now it's time for the full rebuild, which means parting with Towes and Kane. But I think they should keep Alex DeBrincat.

The Bears, Cubs and Sox should be ashamed of themselves. Especially the Bears. I have never seen a team get more mileage from one stinking championship the occurred almost 40 years ago. Yeah, it's been that long. And it will reach 40 and beyond before another one happens. I don't know if we'll live to see a championship from the Bears, Cubs, Sox, Bulls or Hawks. That's how bad it is.

Reactions: corey90 and Gene K.
Not that I don’t get your frustrations, I have them too, but since they’ve started allowing fans back last summer I feel like my lifelong fandom is paying off. I’ve had a weekend season tickets for the better part of the last 25 seasons. Most of those years raising kids. Many, many games eating tickets, giving them away etc. I also have a close family member that works in the organization. Other than goin to the occasional skybox game over 15 years, I’ve never asked for anything. Now I feel that loyalty is being rewarded. I’ve had fantastic tickets to games this year besides my own . I’m on my way to my 8th game this year, sitting in the Guaranteed rate club. Go Sox!!!

Reactions: Silver Rain
The deficiencies of the 4 major franchises become painfully obvious once one watches playoff rounds in the particular sport especially beyond the very first. I watch and think, "(Fill-in-the blank) really do not belong here and are far away from this level of competition."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT