ADVERTISEMENT

Need to Vent . . .

Wittymoniker1

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2007
La Grange Park, IL
. . . about this lifeless, soft, overrated and manager-less team.

1. Has LaRussa penciled in the same lineup on consecutive days?

2. DK never should've started a game at all this season.

3. Eloy pulled himself out of his rehab game today!!! LOL! It's a joke now. I'd trade him in a heartbeat.

4. Batting AV 9th and LG 3rd says it all.

5. This is who they are. Since June, I believe, Sox are basically a .500 team. It ain't getting better.

6. I'm sure I missed a bevy, a plethora of other mistakes, if you will.

The Sox have all the ingredients, but LaRussa is still trying to make them click. And Adam Engel made a great leaping catch, robbing Contreras of a homer.

The Sox are too right -handed, too free-swinging, the defense is terrible... lots of problems. It's not like it's just injuries and Dallas Keuchel.

First of all the Sox do NOT have all the ingredients. The biggest "ingredient" they are missing is knowing how to play the game of baseball. I said this during the Ricky Renteria years and nothing has changed or gotten better in that regard. These are some of the stupidest ballplayers I have ever had to watch. Eloy Jimenez is awful. I can't even watch that guy play.

One thing that may help them to get to the playoffs is the crappy division they play in. Based on today's records, the only division the Twins would be finding themselves in first place, is the one they are in. TA can hit and run. Unfortunately, that's where his game ends. I would be happy if there was a way to sacrifice 20-25 points off his BA if it would improve his FA by that much. He has played the position better lately. But he'll end up with more than 20 errors for sure. But, TA really isn't the problem. Certainly not alone.

This team just doesn't play with much heart. All I hear these guys say is, "we're working hard and we just need to keep working." So what. Every team in the league is "working hard." The Sox suck behind the plate and who is the 2nd baseman? Jake Burger hasn't impressed me much for a 1st round pick. Kopech threw a gem last Sunday against NY. He and Giolito are quality starters. Cueto has thrown pretty well too, so far.

It's funny. My baseball buddies and I were talking about Keuchel last month. We all agreed he was done last year. LOL. Gotta see how Lynn throws when he comes back.

There is a long way to go still. But if the Sox do make the playoffs, the only way they are going to the WS is if the Yankees', TB's and Houston's planes all crash at the same time.

The Sox are too right -handed, too free-swinging,
As far as free swinging goes, you can say that about a lot of teams and players. Do you know how many strikeouts the league has seen so far? And there are a lot of guys hitting under .220 and even .200.

I was talking to my brother in law just last night about this team and we agreed they are very, very hard to watch. I watched just a little of the game last night and found myself bored right away.

The best way for me to describe the Sox right now is to say they are Fool's Gold.

Last edited:
I was talking to my brother in law just last night about this team and we agreed they are very, very hard to watch. I watched just a little of the game last night and found myself bored right away.

The best way for me to describe the Sox right now is to say they are Fool's Gold.
Yes, talented but such a flawed roster and we all knew it.

What the Sox have in their favor is that they are not owned by the Ricketts. The Sox are just sleeping, the Cubs are dead.
Or they could have actually spent what was needed to shore up the flawed roster but they didn’t.
Love your Cubs hate…love it. They have zero to do with this conversation.

Reactions: LTHSALUM76
What the Sox have in their favor is that they are not owned by the Ricketts. The Sox are just sleeping, the Cubs are dead.
Yeah that would be terrible in 12 years Ricketts has owned the Cubs they have won 5 playoffs series and in the 41 years Reinsdorf has owned the Sox they have won 3. By no objective measure do the White Sox have better ownership.

Reactions: SiuCubFan8
Always fun to watch the Chicago teams play regardless.

After a slow beginning, the game got exciting and the Sox won a close one in dramatic fashion.

Reinsdorf wants another championship. The Ricketts want more money.

Last edited:
Shots fired! Lol I wasn’t going join this thread but since you took a shot!
The Cubs maybe dead but Soxs are false hope! They are complete under achievers. Always fun to watch the Chicago teams play regardless.
😀
After a slow beginning, the game got exciting and the Sox won a close one in dramatic fashion.

Reinsdorf wants another championship. The Ricketts want more money.
If he cared he would let his GM, general manage the team……it’s sad they have so much talent.

The only thing making it worth turning on anymore is Stoney and Binetti.
I'll be honest, I haven't watched a game in about a week. Stoney and Bendetti are good, but to me, they fool around a lot while NOT criticizing the puke on the field.

Maybe if they were more honest or "harsher," things might get done quicker.

And I'm sure Stoney has been critical, but on Twitter, jeez! everything's green pastures and strawberry fields forever.

Yet Stoney has blasted Sox fans all year who criticize the club. He’s clearly not paid much attention to how they have played. He’s a typical Reinsdorf excuse maker. Was refreshing to hear AJ be critical last night.
I think I was referring more to their banter. They make me laugh when I’m on the verge of chucking the remote at the tv. Yeah they can be more critical but I don’t need my broadcast crew to bring them down further. I’ll leave that to the Ozzie after the game.

I also want more of Gordon Beckham. I think he’s refreshing.

Sox will win the AL Central but it’s a shame ownership hasn’t gone all in to win a WS. The manager is proof #1….complete joke.
I think I was referring more to their banter. They make me laugh when I’m on the verge of chucking the remote at the tv. Yeah they can be more critical but I don’t need my broadcast crew to bring them down further. I’ll leave that to the Ozzie after the game.

I also want more of Gordon Beckham. I think he’s refreshing.
Gordon has gotten very good very quickly, good for him.

Or they could have actually spent what was needed to shore up the flawed roster but they didn’t.
Love your Cubs hate…love it. They have zero to do with this conversation.
Please don't take anything he says seriously. Consider the source first. Typical meathead Sox fan (which I am NOT) Take a negative conversation about the Sox and make it about the Cubs. The guy gives the rest of us a bad name.

I'll be honest, I haven't watched a game in about a week. Stoney and Bendetti are good, but to me, they fool around a lot while NOT criticizing the puke on the field.

And I'm sure Stoney has been critical, but on Twitter, jeez! everything's green pastures and strawberry fields forever.
Well, when the play on the field is so bad you might as well mess around.

And Stone won't criticize the Sox. I am thinking he learned his lesson when he criticized the Cubs in the past.

Sox will win the AL Central but it’s a shame ownership hasn’t gone all in to win a WS. The manager is proof #1….complete joke.
It will be interesting to see what happens when all these contracts expire. I think Reinsdorf will try to keep Anderson and Robert. Beyond those two guys I don't see much of a push for the others. They are 7th in payroll right now in MLB. But, it isn't just how much you spend...it's who you spend it on...as you know.

Rizzo hasn't done badly for the Yankees at all. Right now he's on pace to end up with roughly 37 HRs and roughly 94 RBI. That is exactly what NY was looking for in a left-handed bat. AND, he's happy to be there with those guys. He has really settled in.
Not going to lie. Rizzo trad hurt.

It will be interesting to see what happens when all these contracts expire. I think Reinsdorf will try to keep Anderson and Robert. Beyond those two guys I don't see much of a push for the others. They are 7th in payroll right now in MLB. But, it isn't just how much you spend...it's who you spend it on...as you know.
Cease? Kopech? Vaughn?

Have you ever heard of the Dunning-Kruger effect? Look it up.

I'll now put my phone on mute so I won't have to listen to your screeching.
Yes, I have heard of it. It describes you very well. Have you ever heard of the STFU effect? You should practice this when you speak on subjects you know very little about. Like this one and most others on this board. Please mute your keyboard.

Why is Vaughn batting 7th today? Their lefties suck, so don't give me the lefty-righty thing. What kind of lineup is this? Don't get excited when the Sox face a high-era pitcher, because this offense sucks.

Losing 5- 3 yesterday with bases loaded and former MVP player up to bat and it boggles my mind how said MVP player can have one of the weakest swings I've ever seen against a 3 - 1 count. Thus, a weak-arse grounder to SS. Inning over. It's just a microcosm of this pathetic puke of an offense.

This team could realistically lose the next three in Tampa and get swept by the Dodgers. They all need to go except for Katz. All of them. Even the base coaches.

Reactions: USD24
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT