ADVERTISEMENT

ND - 28 St. Laurence - 10 Final

Damn cold , windy and rainy night in Burbank. The Vikes and Dons went toe to toe in the first half with a defensive battle. No one wanted to step out too much with the conditions the way they were . ND took a 14-10 lead to the half.
Second half the Dons wore the Vikings down. ND likes to dictate the pace of the game with their lines. They did again today. The second half was pretty much all ND. 28-10 final.
We venture a few miles east of there next Friday. I’m really looking forward to this for a few reasons. Most of all to ratchet up the battle of the pizza guys of SR against the pizza guys of ND. Secondary to that I want to see us play a team that is bigger and more physical than us. We saw it against MC week 3 and it was ugly. I’m hoping we line up and make a better showing next week. Until then … Go Dons!!

Laurence eliminated from the playoffs for second season in a row.

How are the Vikings on the lower levels? Their numbers consistently go up each year due to low tuition cost compared to their rivals.

How are the Vikings on the lower levels? Their numbers consistently go up each year due to low tuition cost compared to their rivals.
Freshmen looked good. Beat ND 19-0. I’ve heard they’ve only lost 1 game.

They will probably play in the Prep Bowl playoffs most everyone on here hates & bitches about each year
Nobody should complain or bitch about extra football, but it’s a let down to teams....like the NIT! It’s just lost it’s shine, even to 10 years ago....the bonus was you got to play the Championship at Soldier Field, now that’s not even the case....it’s Public School home one year, Catholic the next. The games have the same energy and excitement of a scrimmage.

MC beat them handily on the Freshman level 35-12 (I think). Loyola Freshman played them week 2 when they needed a game and beat them 21-6. They had good testing numbers the past 2 years, but how many actually went or stayed there I don’t know. They can’t compete with the CCL Blue or most of the green, the cross over games hurt them. Laurence does really well attracting baseball players and have built a strong soccer and decent hoops program, but football they have got an occasional stud on each level but not a full competitive team to compete for division or State titles. They were heading that way but when Blackmon left, so did a lot of athletes he recruited to play there.

Reactions: RockSoup
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT