ADVERTISEMENT

Naz is #1 in 5A

I'm gonna say yes on the playoffs. Right now Naz would be a favorite in five of their remaining games, (Montini, Ignatius, Fenwick, Marian and St Francis), probably a dog in 2 games (Rice, York) and a toss up in 1 game (ICCP). Not a lot of room for error, but I think they get to 5 wins.

It's always strange to rank a team #1 coming off a loss but it's a really strong opponent and what others could call a quality opponent.

Yeah, 5A was not a strong class last season. The 2 teams I expected to make it to the chip did and that was not saying a lot, because I felt (my own opinion) Naz was not your typical championship caliber team.
But Naz beat two really good teams to finish on top last year.

Does Naz really still have those special players this year like in recent years at QB, WR, TE and RB?

I just don't see the same speed and talent in those positions as before. Thoughts??

I used to live in New Orleans. The muffaletta is a great sandwich.

P.S. Your early call on MC was right on target.
It's a beautifully composed roster and I had no idea the Elliot would be a menace with the ball in his hands.

He was amazing. Hope his trajectory remains up

Reactions: Silver Rain
Naz started off 1-3 last year, with their only win being a 2-0 win over Kankakee. Losses to Lemont, Marist, Notre Dame. Its four other wins were all blowouts (CoM, Leo, Montini, Benet). Schedule is much less forgiving this year, however. A 1-3 start will be tough to dig out of for the Roadrunners.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT