ADVERTISEMENT

Naz Fans

Wassup13

Nov 9, 2002
I know this is not football but I noticed the Naz baseball team was 36-0 during the regular season.

Has any IHSA baseball team ever went undefeated during the regular season before?

Edwardsville went 40-0 in 1998. I inquired about this same question this week as going undefeated in baseball is extremely difficult

Reactions: Wassup13
Edwardsville went 40-0 in 1998. I inquired about this same question this week as going undefeated in baseball is extremely difficult

Was that including the playoffs or just regular season?

Yes in MLB they say every team is guaranteed to win and lose 40 games during the season.

To be that dominant like Edwardsville and Naz you must have 5 dominating starting pitchers.

Reactions: crusader_of_90

Yes in MLB they say every team is guaranteed to win and lose 40 games during the season.

To be that dominant like Edwardsville and Naz you must have 5 dominating starting pitchers.
That was their final record so the entire season they went undefeated. And I wouldn’t bet on the Sox winning 40 at this rate!

You need consistency, not necessarily domination. If you have average to above average pitching, but play great defense and execute offensively every game you are going to win a whole lot of high school baseball games.

Reactions: McCaravan
That may be the best team in IHSA history the crushed every one in the playoffs (out scored teams 60-12 in playoffs) then went on to win the American Legion World Series that summer. Legion ball at that point was still top tier.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT