ADVERTISEMENT

Naz 35 @ Prarie Ridge 28 13 seconds left.

While I agree with them needing no help and understanding and knowing I can’t help but wonder what gets harder than beating a 9-0 championship favorite prairie ridge at prairie ridge. Again I’m not arguing that it gets easier just saying I like them to advance next Saturday especially after todays performance.

While I agree with them needing no help and understanding and knowing I can’t help but wonder what gets harder than beating a 9-0 championship favorite prairie ridge at prairie ridge. Again I’m not arguing that it gets easier just saying I like them to advance next Saturday especially after todays performance.
I watched todays game, have watched CoM play, and I’m an SF guy and Naz just played SF. After seeing Prairie Ridge (no disrespect to PR), it can and will get tougher having to beat CoM in the quarters and then SF @ SF in the semis presuming they win the next 2.

Reactions: NapervilleBuck
I watched todays game, have watched CoM play, and I’m an SF guy and Naz just played SF. After seeing Prairie Ridge (no disrespect to PR), it can and will get tougher having to beat CoM in the quarters and then SF @ SF in the semis presuming they win the next 2.
A Carmel/Naz game would be great…5A north is brutal!!!

Was at game yesterday and PR employs a winning formula for the type of athlete they get. Real similar to CG with good feeder program, good coaching, hard working off season workouts, etc. The only way either of the programs beat a ESL or Naz is to play mistake free football, not four turnover football.
Naz lost to MC by one point, has good athletes and are well coached- I don’t see em losing again

Was at game yesterday and PR employs a winning formula for the type of athlete they get. Real similar to CG with good feeder program, good coaching, hard working off season workouts, etc. The only way either of the programs beat a ESL or Naz is to play mistake free football, not four turnover football.
Naz lost to MC by one point, has good athletes and are well coached- I don’t see em losing again
Just to get this straight…one of your three justifications for Nazareth winning 5A (outside of good athletes and well coached - which is valid and true) is that they lost to 3A Montini by 1 point? Huh?

Reactions: Irish LB
You must be new here. PR has gotten more than just “their kinda players.” They’ve won a couple of state titles with more than just “their kinda players.”

Naz won yesterday because their quarterback was the best player on the field. Couple that with 4 takeaways and it’s a pretty good formula.

By no means do they have a cake walk to the finals.

Reactions: DMurph11
Just to get this straight…one of your three justifications for Nazareth winning 5A (outside of good athletes and well coached - which is valid and true) is that they lost to 3A Montini by 1 point? Huh?
also, there is a team in the 5A north bracket with athletes just as good as Naz’s (and possibly better this year), who is well coached and just beat Naz by 3 scores like 10 days ago.

As I’ve said before…you’d think McMillen has SF playing in their pajamas the way people sleep on them.

Reactions: eireog and Oddy
also, there is a team in the 5A north bracket with athletes just as good as Naz’s (and possibly better this year), who is well coached and just beat Naz by 3 scores like 10 days ago.

As I’ve said before…you’d think McMillen has SF playing in their pajamas the way people sleep on them.
Who has the best QB in the state.

Reactions: DMurph11

Agree that SF is really good. Excellent QB and receivers, as well as overall defense. Naz could get nothing going against them in week 9.

Hahaha my bad about MC. I looked up the other day and thought i saw the Mount Carmel MC.

Just wanted to check in and see how many days it has been since the already crowned sleepy 5a champion beat Naz by 3 scores....anyone know?

It’s been 11 if you count the day of the game, but I can’t fault you as I know counting to double digits is an AP course at Naz.
Nah that’s not it. Us Naz folks just lose track of meaningless week 9 games when we have more important things to count like how many days since the last 1st place finish. Looks like its about 338 days. How many has it been for SF, more than 11?

We (CCHS) still have to play and beat a good Antioch team to get a shot at Naz. And Naz has to beat GBS.

We (CCHS) still have to play and beat a good Antioch team to get a shot at Naz. And Naz has to beat GBS.
None of this matters. The best QB I’m the state and a team with the best athletes in the state has already been crowned 11 days ago. Just ask them.

Reactions: CCHS-Fan
BTW, I have a TON of respect for Naz and what they're capable of achieving. Impressive.

Reactions: Gene K.
None of this matters. The best QB I’m the state and a team with the best athletes in the state has already been crowned 11 days ago. Just ask them.
I guess you’re building up the excuses early aren’t you? Seems like we get a lot of this crap come playoff time.

I hope we see Carmel -Naz qtr. Carmel looks much improved from last year. Would be a great game.
Carmel is very good and would probably be the favorite in that game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT