ADVERTISEMENT

Naz 26 Fen 16 F

I didn’t watch the game so I’m thankful for the updates but now I’m curious about the ref on that field comment? 👀

I didn’t watch the game so I’m thankful for the updates but now I’m curious about the ref on that field comment? 👀
It initially appeared as if Fenwick had recovered their own punt with 5 minutes to go in the 4th. Naz coach ran up to the refs to complain and received an additional penalty so Fenwick offense was going to get the ball at Naz 42. Then after a minutes or two they reversed the decision and gave Naz the ball at Naz 42.

A little more detail...

The Naz punt returner called for a fair catch on a very catchable ball, then let the punt land but he did not clear the area. From my vantage point, the punt did not hit him prior to Fenwick falling on the ball, but it was darn close. Refs initially called Fenwick ball, then reversed their call.

Odd game, Fenwick dominated TOP, but usually stalled inside the Nazareth 25. OTOH, Nazareth couldn't sustain many drives, but hit on a number of big catch and run plays. Looked like Kaminsky had a big game for the Nazareth D.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blackfriars
It initially appeared as if Fenwick had recovered their own punt with 5 minutes to go in the 4th. Naz coach ran up to the refs to complain and received an additional penalty so Fenwick offense was going to get the ball at Naz 42. Then after a minutes or two they reversed the decision and gave Naz the ball at Naz 42.
Soooo what you’re saying is our favorite Dad Ref from the Simeon game finally came and talked sense into the crew? Thank goodness!

A little more detail...

The Naz punt returner called for a fair catch on a very catchable ball, then let the punt land but he did not clear the area. From my vantage point, the punt did not hit him prior to Fenwick falling on the ball, but it was darn close. Refs initially called Fenwick ball, then reversed their call.

Odd game, Fenwick dominated TOP, but usually stalled inside the Nazareth 25. OTOH, Nazareth couldn't sustain many drives, but hit on a number of big catch and run plays. Looked like Kaminsky had a big game for the Nazareth D.
Was the non sustainable drives due to great Friar defense or is Naz still insisting on beating themselves with the drops and penalties from the first half of the season?

They need more work but glad to see some momentum building in the right direction.

Was the non sustainable drives due to great Friar defense or is Naz still insisting on beating themselves with the drops and penalties from the first half of the season?

They need more work but glad to see some momentum building in the right direction.
They couldn’t establish a running game and yes, too many drops. Not many flags last night. Fenwick had good size on the D line and played a lot of 8 in the box. They paid for it on Naz’s last TD, a 96 yard catch and run. I’d like to see #21 get the ball in the backfield more. #11 and #7 had nice games at receiver.

They couldn’t establish a running game and yes, too many drops. Not many flags last night. Fenwick had good size on the D line and played a lot of 8 in the box. They paid for it on Naz’s last TD, a 96 yard catch and run. I’d like to see #21 get the ball in the backfield more. #11 and #7 had nice games at receiver.
Hard to tell on Hudl but I believe the refs got the right call giving the ball to Naz. In my defense the Naz announcers on the broadcast also thought it was touched by the punt returner but it’s so hard to tell from our zoomed out angle.

Naz ripped off two really good explosive passes late in the 4th to go from down 3 to take a 10 point lead, Naz has some excellent receivers. Good luck the rest of the way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT