ADVERTISEMENT

Naperville Central at HF

This is a bad match up for HF in good conditions because of NC's passing game vs. HF's pass defense which has not been tested like this all year except for the LWE game which didn't go so well. If it is rainy and windy then that plays into HF's running attack. NC 's defense is better against the run then pass, however but still overall a better scenario is bad weather for HF. NC's defense is opportunistic. They will give up yards but come up with the big turnover to kill drives. HF will have to focus on protecting the ball. NC's running game has been coming on as of late with their RB getting healthy. So you can't really key too much on one area of their offense or you will get burned. Should be a dog fight (not a real one EpicBret just a metaphorical one). Not making a prediction till I see the forecast on Friday.

I think the view on NC is based on which game(s) you have watched. They have a great coach and he will take things away from the other team’s offense and try and force them to do things they are not comfortable doing and that can influence the perception of them.

Example - while I didn’t see the game I am guessing NC stuffed the box with 9 versus Wheaton North and eaked out a 14-7 win.

They did not stuff the box against Waubonsie and WV ran for 240 yards on them but only managed 160 thru the air and ended up losing 43-37.

I think there might be general consensus that NC Offensive is their dominant side of the ball. They can throw it and while they struggled early running the ball (and their RB got hurt in game 2or3 and missed a game) yes have been running it a lot better in the back half of the season.

I expect a fairly high scoring game - but my guess would be they are gonna try and force HF to have some meaningful success in their passing game from a defensive side of things and on the offensive side - since they can do both - they will probe with both the run and pass and see what HF is trying to do defensively. If they man up the WRs they may try Reed with 1 on 1 coverage and/or pound the rock if they in two deep safeties bracketing their two WRs fearing the pass.

From past years HF games I Have seen - I think they will not fear going 1-1 with NC WRs and match up athlete for athlete and Reed/Coyne will have to win some one on one matchups in the passing game to get the safeties out of the box. If/when that happens - I think for NC to win - they are going to have to pound the rock and have a lot of success running the ball against a 7 man front. If they can’t run against a 6 or 7 man front if they get the safeties back out of the box and on Reed/Coyne - then they going down. On the flip side - if NC can stop HF running attack and Hall -Then for HF to win they are going to have to do it thru the air.

Should be interesting.

Last edited:
HF at HF? In the playoffs? No after what the forecast is, they win this game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT