ADVERTISEMENT

NaperCentral/St. Ed's. 34-24 St. Ed's Final

NapervilleBuck

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Heading down in a little bit. Even though I am from Ohio originally I'm a Columbus/Cincy guy. All things from Cleveland are evil. ;) Got to see a great Neuqua/NN game last night and hope for the same today. Go RedHawks...represent the DVC.

I'm going with a pal from Cleveland who played at Mentor Lake Catholic and is very familiar with STE. He still has pals back there and say this isn't one of the greatest Ed's teams but it is still a very impressive bunch. Tons of D1 talent. No 2018 kids on Ohio State's radar but they do have another Dowell kid....his twin brothers are on Sparty.

Their OL:
6'7, 315
6'3, 278
6'3, 275
6'2, 285
6'4, 295
:eek:

Halftime. 20-10 Ed's. Best looking team on the hoof that I've seen in quite some time.

Thorne is something else. He's hooked up with Reed a few times. One for a 74 yd TD. Central has to run the ball to win and they are having trouble. Ed's D is athletic and very well coached.

Good game so far.

Wow thanks buck! Keep those updates coming! Go Central!! Playoff point for All teams if can eek out a win plus what a feather in the cap for state of Illinois football with a win!!!

Central forced a fumble. Reed with the power sweep for a TD. 24-20 Central.

GREAT game.

Ball to the 1 after one run - three men down on the field ... two Eagles and one Redhawk. They must be cycling together - everyone is cramping.

TD Eagles.

26-24 - now the PAT.

Kicking - good.

27-24 STE with 10:02 in 4Q.

NC moving the ball - then they don't.

But then Defensive Holding on STE. First down, ball at the Redhawk 42 - now third and 18 - Pass Interference on STE. Fourth down and short at the 50 and they get a yard - but needed a yard and a half.

Eagles ball.

Ed's came out in the 4th and shoved the ball down Central's throat. They ran between the tackles right at them. Central had no answer. Ed's basically wore them down.

Central was in the game the entire time and went toe to toe with a young but very talented St. Ed's team. They showed very well and earned plenty of kudos from the St. Ed's crowd....at least the people sitting by me were impressed. They loved their time here and were impressed with the class and effort by the Redhawks. I'd say they did the DVC a huge solid today. Well done, RedHawks.

As a side note, I'd like to see Central and Neuqua play again in the playoffs. That would be a good old good one. NV is playing very well.

Ed's came out in the 4th and shoved the ball down Central's throat. They ran between the tackles right at them. Central had no answer. Ed's basically wore them down.

Central was in the game the entire time and went toe to toe with a young but very talented St. Ed's team. They showed very well and earned plenty of kudos from the St. Ed's crowd....at least the people sitting by me were impressed. They loved their time here and were impressed with the class and effort by the Redhawks. I'd say they did the DVC a huge solid today. Well done, RedHawks.

As a side note, I'd like to see Central and Neuqua play again in the playoffs. That would be a good old good one. NV is playing very well.

I'm hoping WV sneaks into the playoffs (need to win 2 of the next 3) and earns a rematch with NV (but minus the 5 turnovers!).

Eds traveled well too. The difference in the game was the size of Eds' OL. Wouldnt want those guys leaning on me for 48 mins.

Reactions: NapervilleBuck
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT