ADVERTISEMENT

Name The New Mega Private Conference

Time to dust off Ramblins’/Bones’ Conference name.....The “Northern Illinois Private League” or “NIPL” for short. Not sure why I just got a mental image from the movie The Waterboy (but I did!!)

Um, please give full credit where full credit is due. Thank you.

Give me the NIPL!

Ok sorry - I need to strike Bones from the post? I just remember about 20 pages of you guys going back and forth, so to be safe - I tossed you both in there.

Have to admit - it would be a good name.

I like Steve too. Reminds me of the old SNL Weekend Update with Chevy Chase where he reported that "This just in...the African nation of Chad is changing its name to Brian. In a spirit of third world solidarity, the nation of Tanzania has changed its name to Debbie."

Reactions: crusader_of_90
Since the merger pertains only to football, I can see it being called:

The Chicago Catholic Football League

But NIPL works for me

I don't know that geography is necessarily important.
Just call it the Private League (PL).

private league and the public league.
can have some non con games v each league
and can have additional champ games v each league
once each league crowns their champs.
ihsa can have round robin playoff bowl to crown the number 1 team in illinois

I've been tweaking the NIPL idea for many years. Bones can go suck it.

Dont know how to take this... perhaps an edit?

The only thing better than witnessing a direct confrontation between these two heavyweights, ramblinman and Cross Bones, is to be an onlooker while the two excoriate one another by proxy.

Oh how I miss the warmth of human contact on edgy!

Reactions: Gene K.
Continue the "Chicago Catholic League."

Don't fritter away its prestige to keep some farmland AD happy.

The only thing better than witnessing a direct confrontation between these two heavyweights, ramblinman and Cross Bones, is to be an onlooker while the two excoriate one another by proxy.

Oh how I miss the warmth of human contact on edgy!
I did not appreciate that unwarranted assault from ramblinman. A thank you would have been more becoming.

"Chicagoland Catholic League"

That way, they can keep their precious "CCL" (which with teams from Wilmette, New Lenox, Lombard, etc. makes as much as sense as the "Big Ten"). But it also picks up all the new schools. It's a majority suburban league after the merger so "ChicagoLAND" seems to make sense.

Reactions: RockSoup
"Chicagoland Catholic League"

That way, they can keep their precious "CCL" (which with teams from Wilmette, New Lenox, Lombard, etc. makes as much as sense as the "Big Ten"). But it also picks up all the new schools. It's a majority suburban league after the merger so "ChicagoLAND" seems to make sense.

Well since there is no such thing as east suburbs of Chicago, do you have a better plan which is inclusive of the ESCC?

Well since there is no such thing as east suburbs of Chicago, do you have a better plan which is inclusive of the ESCC?

East Suburban is indeed a foolish name. No doubt they were trying to - well, no. It's just plain foolish.

Well to get technical, there are towns in Indiana which are considered suburbs of Chicago... granted they have no teams in the ESCC.... but there is such a thing as an east suburb of Chicago

Well to get technical, there are towns in Indiana which are considered suburbs of Chicago... granted they have no teams in the ESCC.... but there is such a thing as an east suburb of Chicago

Technically southeast, not east. Unless Sponge Bob migrated to Lake Michigan, there are no east suburbs of Chicago.

East Suburban is indeed a foolish name. No doubt they were trying to - well, no. It's just plain foolish.

Perhaps they weren’t referring to Chicago... it’s not the East Suburban Chicago Conference it’s ES Catholic Conference.... maybe they are referring to East Suburban Rockford???

In comparison to the western suburbs, there are eastern suburbs. Or something like that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT