ADVERTISEMENT

Nagy in as Bears Head Coach

lkhammer57

Jul 16, 2014
Happy with this hire. Wish he had more play calling experience but I think the KC offense would fit well with the Bears offensive personnel.

When the McCaskey influence ruins this poor guy, how many people will be wanting to run Nagy out of town? I hope it doesn't happen, but if the past is an indicator well....

Reactions: Cross Bones
FYI....

Bombshell! Nagy to Bears was a done deal before Chiefs playoff game. Reid took back play scheming and calling to allow Nagy time to prep for his interview. Nagy helped script first 15 plays with Reid, who then took over play calling.

Reactions: lkhammer57
FYI....

Bombshell! Nagy to Bears was a done deal before Chiefs playoff game. Reid took back play scheming and calling to allow Nagy time to prep for his interview. Nagy helped script first 15 plays with Reid, who then took over play calling.
OK now it makes sense. No wonder why the Chiefs didn't score a single second half point.

Reactions: kpjasion
Like the hire - find a way to keep Fangio and this is a good day.
100% agree I think that is what makes or breaks this hire. The defense took a step forward this year and if the bears want to get back to winning they cannot take a step back on defense, because the offense is going to take some time to get rolling

Kelce who is a HUGE part of their offense was out the whole second half
Yes I know that. I watched the whole game. But explain this. Why in hell when you have the NFL leading rusher in Kareem Hunt would you give him the ball only 11 times? Chiefs ground game was horrible and the Titans were able to run the ball. In the end, that is where the game was won and lost.

Yes I know that. I watched the whole game. But explain this. Why in hell when you have the NFL leading rusher in Kareem Hunt would you give him the ball only 11 times? Chiefs ground game was horrible and the Titans were able to run the ball. In the end, that is where the game was won and lost.
Yeah I totally get that I am just saying losing a dominant TE is huge and affects the way teams defend teams. A lot of the time that frees up the defense to play the run tougher resulting into crowded boxes and not being a good look for run plays, which would be a strong reason for why they didn't go back to Hunt more. Look at New England vs Miami when they lost Gronk. But at the same time this is classic Andy Ried choking in the playoffs.

Reactions: LTHSALUM76
Yeah I totally get that I am just saying losing a dominant TE is huge and affects the way teams defend teams. A lot of the time that frees up the defense to play the run tougher resulting into crowded boxes and not being a good look for run plays, which would be a strong reason for why they didn't go back to Hunt more. Look at New England vs Miami when they lost Gronk. But at the same time this is classic Andy Ried choking in the playoffs.
True. Also classic Chiefs choking in the playoffs. Six home playoff losses in a row and counting. Ouch!

True. Also classic Chiefs choking in the playoffs. Six home playoff losses in a row and counting. Ouch!
I could not believe that when I saw that stat on the broadcast! I know we are frustrated with the bears and we have plenty of problems, but that would suck to be a chiefs fan! Also remember when they lost to the colts in the 2013 playoffs despite being up 38-10!

I could not believe that when I saw that stat on the broadcast! I know we are frustrated with the bears and we have plenty of problems, but that would suck to be a chiefs fan! Also remember when they lost to the colts in the 2013 playoffs despite being up 38-10!
Yes, I remember that very well.

To me, this goes all the way back to their Christmas Day playoff loss to the Dolphins at home in 1971. That loss completely changed everything and they have never been the same. It was a long time before they even made the playoffs again. It took them 15 seasons to get back and 20 before they won a playoff game. Before that Christmas Day loss they were 5-2 in postseason play. Since then they are 4-16 including a record of 2-6 at home.

To me, this goes all the way back to their Christmas Day playoff loss to the Dolphins at home in 1971. That loss completely changed everything and they have never been the same. It was a long time before they even made the playoffs again. It took them 15 seasons to get back and 20 before they won a playoff game. Before that Christmas Day loss they were 5-2 in postseason play. Since then they are 4-16 including a record of 2-6 at home.
Unfortunately I wasn't around yet, but I love NFL history! That is a great stat I would have not known! Those Chiefs teams were good in the late 60s early 70s. Hank Stram Bobby Bell, Lenny Dawson, and Willie Lanier!

Not sure why this is a good hire. OC who only started play calling in week 13. Now promoted to lead a team in complete Offensive crisis. Bears jumped because he " Loves " Trubisky, I am assuming the other candidates were luke warm about him.There is zero reason to believe or trust this front office.

Reactions: LTHSALUM76
I liked the last two hires so I am acknowledged to have no idea on successful coaches.

Welcome Coach Nagy,

Not sure why this is a good hire. OC who only started play calling in week 13. Now promoted to lead a team in complete Offensive crisis. Bears jumped because he " Loves " Trubisky, I am assuming the other candidates were luke warm about him.There is zero reason to believe or trust this front office.
I really don't trust the front office either, but I wasn't super excited about any of the candidates. I think the way KC uses Tyreek Hill, Shaheen, and Smith can translate to how he could use Tribuisky, Cohen, and Shaheen. I also am hearing reports that people around the eagles and chiefs franchises that they think Nagy is even better than Doug Pederson, who has done well in Philly so far. Pace needs to increase the talent of this roster if we want any of this to work out tho, and he hasn't been able to consistently prove that he can do that. I am praying that he figures it out ASAP, he MUST have a GREAT draft this year. Cannot have a bad draft and, in my opinion, even an average draft will not be good enough. Pressure is on now. Pace has his own coach and own QB, no excuses now. Better work out. Pretty tired of these bad news bears.

I don’t think Doug Pederson did a lot of play calling for Andy Reid, and he’s doing fairly well.

Nagy called 5.5 games.

None of today's Chiefs were even born at that time. I think you're going a bit too far, here.

None of today's Chiefs were even born at that time. I think you're going a bit too far, here.
While it's obvious they weren't born yet, my statement is true. All you have to do is look north to Green Bay. After the Lombardi years they went to two post seasons in the next 25 years and were 1-2 before things got better. That is a long time to be in the wilderness. I am sure I could point to other franchises where this is true as well. Look at the Bears. Ever since Ditka was fired 25 years ago they have been to the playoffs a grand total of five times and only once in the last 11 years. Would you say they are in the wilderness? I would. Thank you McCaskeys.

When we were kids we followed the AFL/AFC more closely that the NFL/NFC. We felt like the NFL was boring football and the AFL game was more wide open and exciting. Was the football better in the AFL? I don't know but we were excited when the Jets and Chiefs beat the Colts and Vikings in consecutive Super Bowls. We followed the Chiefs and Raiders the most. Those match-ups at that time were classics.

I can tell you this. When the Chiefs played the Dolphins on Christmas Day 1971, none of us thought the Dolphins would win that game. The Chiefs were favored. Years later, Hank Stram said it was the most disappointing loss he ever faced because he felt his 1971 team was better than the 1969 team the won the SB. I guarantee when the most devastating losses are looked at in that organization that one is the top one.

Years later, Don Shula said that win in KC is what launched the Dolphins early '70s dynasty when they became the first team to go to 3 consecutive SBs. And to prove it wasn't a fluke, Miami went into the brand new Arrowhead Stadium on opening day 1972 and whipped the Chiefs 20-10 as they began their quest to a perfect 17-0 season. I say whipped because that game was 20-3 until the Chiefs scored a TD in the closing seconds during garbage time.

After that, several Chiefs stars got old at pretty much the same time. Dawson, Bell, Lanier, Lynch, Taylor, Buchanan, Thomas and Robinson among others. Then they went into the wilderness for many years. To me, the organization has never been the same.

I was going to mention this yesterday but it slipped my mind. As an FYI, Mike Adamle was on that 1971 Chiefs team as a rookie. Most Bears fans don't know Adamle broke in with KC before going to the Jets and coming to Chicago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT