ADVERTISEMENT

My Take: Impressions from EDGYTIM/EFT Sunday Showcase Series 1 OL/DL

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Last night was the first of three nights of the EDGYTIM/EFT Sunday Showcase Series held at the Skokie Play Fields in Winnetka. This camp series is more of a combine setting with some various position and drill work involved. This camp was also much different on several levels from our previous camps in the past. Due to COVID 19 concerns, the dynamics of the camp have changed a bit. We are testing along with doing heights and weights this camp series, mainly due to multiple college coaches demanding as much core information as they can get. We also are limited in direct contact one on ones for linemen. All players wore mask when not involved in testing or drill work but then were required to wear those mask as well as practice social distancing protocol. The linemen did various challenges (tug of war/cat and mouse work/get offs) and the feedback from the linemen was very positive. Also of note...we limited the total amount of campers for this camp (COVID), had staggered start times and never had the entire group on the field the entire camp. The facility (Skokie Play Fields) allowed us to utilize for most of the camp two full sized turf fields and was a pretty perfect set up for having space and keeping the groups from mixing in together.

As I've mentioned in the past camps I've held, playing event host is a challenging role and I'm admittedly pulled away in several different directions so my ability to truly watch and evaluate is limited compared to other camps that I do not help run. I rely heavily on feedback from the EFT coaches (many of whom played at a high level of college/NFL football) as to who they felt stood out.

So Who Stood Out?

Linemen Group

New Trier 2023 OL Luc Elias- Impressive size here and a kid who also moved well in various positional drill work. New Trier has had a nice run of big offensive linemen over the past few years and Elias could be the next one to watch.

St Rita 2023 OL Collin Gerger- Another younger guy who has some impressive size, good first step quickness and is fundamentally sound.

Bartlett 2022 OL Thomas Hubbard- Big kid with room to continue to get bigger and stronger. I was impressed with Hubbard's eyeball passing looks along with his overall feet and mobility. Still needs to add a bit more muscle but will have a chance to draw potential early offers.

Wheaton South 2022 OL Max Jablonski- another really good size linemen who just did a lot of good things here. Moves well, took to the coaches teaching quickly and was able to make adjustments on the fly.

Mount Carmel 2021 OL Gabriel Krahan- big. strong interior linemen type here who just was a leader in all positional work. Moved well, showed good quickness and is yet another name who would benefitted greatly from fall senior video.

Carmel 2021 OL Will McCorkle- See above. Bigger sized kid here who just does a lot of things well. Has good overall technique and is yet another 2021 name who could have benefitted from early fall video.

Winnebago 2021 OL Sam Rummel- big, strong small school linemen who would just prefer to run anyone and everyone over at all times. Needs to improve and work on his overall quickness and pass pro, but his motor is unquestioned here.

Grayslake North 2021 Jonathon Trudeau another name who has gotten bigger and stronger who passes the eye4ball test. Early senior video could bring more

Pontiac 2023 OL Tyson Cramer- originally was set at defensive line but mov ed over to offensive line and did well here. Has good size/frame but also has the frame and look of a kid who will get bigger and stronger down the line. No question Cramer is a name to add to your 2023 watch list.

Marian Central Catholic 2022 DE Brian Allen Jr.- Allen Jr. was one of a handful of Top DL at this event. Allen Jr. is already physically college ready, yet will also add more good weight and size over the next year plus. Allen Jr. is a true athlete playing defensive end who has some twitch, has impressive explosiveness and will become a top ranked name in the Class of 2022.

St. Charles North 2021 DL Carmine Bastone- Another camp top performer here in Carmine Bastone, yet when hasn't Bastone been a top performer over the past 6 plus months? Bastone has an impressive mix of size, quickness and explosiveness who also highly advanced in using excellent technique and hands. Bastone also just seems to have an endless amount of high motor that never seems to stop.

Nazareth Academy 2021 DE Cris Gutierrez- Speedy, quickness and explosiveness all in one kid. Cris has also been a consistently strong performer all summer long who is going to force college coaches to take a harder look at him this fall/winter/spring.

Lincoln Way East 2021 DL Jack Hawkinson- Hawkinson is a decent size kid with good overall size. speed and power. Ran well here, showed good technique and will be a name who could emerge in the fall/spring senior season.

St. Charles North 2022 DL Paolo Gennarelli- I spent time getting to really watch Paolo here and he was impressive. Gennarelli has good size, has impressive strength and also flashed good overall quickness and explosiveness. I can see Paolo playing on either side of the football and developing into an impressive interior linemen regardless of position. Gennarelli no question showed more quickness and burst in person compared to his already solid sophomore season video from 2019.

Thornwood 2021 DE Sam Olokeogun - This was the second time seeing Sam Olokeogun in person and the second time he's been impressive. Long, lanky and very athlete defensive end here. Needs to add weight and muscle but he's also an explosive athlete with a ton of quick twitch and a name schools could take a flyer on down the line.

Warren Township DL 2022 Kameron Shaw- Good sized tweener positionally here. Shaw is a strong kid, moves well and showed some real explosiveness in positional and drill work. I'm still not sure where Shaw will end up positionally down the line

Christopher 2022 OL Peyton Mazur- Big downstate mauler type who someone called The House because of his impressive size, Mazur made the 6 hour drive for this camp and came away impressing. Mazur has a ton of strength and power, showed decent feet and some quickness. His overall footwork and overall mobility can be improved, and this will also be a name to hit several recruiting radar screens soon.

Loyola Academy 2023 OL Michael Kostantonov- Big barrel chested monster here....already has a college frame and strength and looks like a potential high level college OG/OG. Has excellent power and hands, very good quickness and first stwp and overall ois just a technically sound linemen. Scary to think he's just a 2023 name here and should challenge for playing time in 2021.

Next Up: Linebackers/Tight Ends/Running Backs

Reactions: BListon68
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News