ADVERTISEMENT

My Take: EDGYTIM/EFT MLK Showcase OL/DL session

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
This was held on Monday at The Max Center in McCook....and we've been able to hold this event for over 10 years now and counting. Overall we had very good numbers here (we limit overall signups by position so not to get too many kids not getting reps and work) and we start the day with the OL/DL group....then roll in the rest of the different position campers as the morning and afternoon rolls on.

Again for the record...let me clarify. I try to watch and see as many kids as I can at these showcase and camp events....but I've yet to be able to find a way to watch 300 plus kids in one spot at one time...and I can and will miss seeing some additional top names...but I'll keep trying my best to see as many kids as possible. Also when your name is on the billing it pulls me away in a million at times and I rely pretty heavily on feedback from various coaches and media aka people who I trust here along with my own in person evals. I've said this before and will again....the hardest thing for me to do is get a really good feel on the top kids at this event when I'm not 100 percent locked into it for multiple reasons.

So Who Stood Out OL/DL

00 OT Rico Schrieber Marist 2026
- Every year it seems we see a freshman linemen who just has some eye popping skills and/or size. Schrieber is just a gigantic kid on the hoof (6-foot-7, 330 pounds) who moved pretty well and more than held his own again higher level competition. Schrieber no question still has a lot of work to do both in shedding weight, gaining strength and just becoming a much more fluid and mobile linemen.....yet his upside in some ways reminds me in some ways to East St. Louis/Alabama OT Miles McVay...who also had the early physical attributes but who also needed to work hard for four years to get to where his game is at this winter.

01 OT Brady Barrowman Minooka 2024- Won the Semper Fi award presented and sponsored by the Marines as the best overall player in the OL/DL group. Barrowman has made big strides in his game from last fall in my opinion. Barrowman is stronger, has very good feet and balance and his overall hand usage was also strong, The other media and coaches lauded Barrowman for his work in one on ones and his overall approach, hard nosed mentality and his overall frame, length and reach is high level. Barrowman can and will get to 300 pounds plus pretty comfortably at the college level. I feel Barrowman continues to work himself into a D1 level linemen and look for more Power 5 schools to take a harder look this spring.

02 OL Conor Kenzinger Brother Rice 2024- Big, strong and an impressive kid on the hoof here. Still very raw in many ways (has played football for just one season) and his lack of experience and technique was evident in one on ones.However, I can definitey see higher level schools take a muc closer look this spring and summer and Conor's physical tools and upside are impressive and will help him draw attention. Has FBS/FCS physical upside and potential.

04 OL Danny Zarco Lyons Township 2024- I also saw Danny at Boom the previous day (was also the case with several others here) and he's just a very solid, very consistent performer who is also a hard nosed kid and worker. I really like him as an interior offensive linemen at the next level but I also feel has has the makings of a potential defensive linemen as well. Regardless of position Danny Zarco is a very impressive overall player.

05 OL Grant Ellinger Naperville Central 2024- It was the first time I saw Grant in person and he has a lot to offer here. Ellinger has good size and strength, uses his hands really well and also showed good overall feet and balance. I liked what I saw from his one on ones along with his ability yo learn quickly in positional drill work. I definitely will dig deeper here.

07 OL Jalen Cole Homewood Flossmoor 2024- Big kid (6-foot-4, 290 pounds) who did some good things here including more than holding his own in one on ones. Was noted by the coaches as one of the hardest working kids in positional drill work/teaching portion of the showcase.

10 OL Zach Barrett Sandburg 2024- Yet another impressive interior offensive linemen here. Barrett had pretty good junior season video and was able to carry over his work ethic and tools in person. I liked Barrett's overall feet and balance, he was able to lock up more than a few opposing DL and just had a solid day here.

11 OL Rhett Van Boening Libertyville 2025- Rhett is the younger brother of Trenton Van Boening (EMU) and while Rhett isn't quite the overall size of his older brother yet, Rhett has a lot to offer here including just being a very technically sound linemen with very good feet, quickness and hands. Looks more and more like a potential OC to me unless he hits a late growth spurt? No question a name to watch this summer.

15 OL Michael McDonough Andrew 2025- The best thing I can tell Michael McDonough is that he gets bigger, stronger and better every time I see him in person. McDonough had a very strong showing in this camp, has very good strength and is pretty technically sound. Can improve his pass pro a bit but the overall ingredients are there to develop into a D1 level interior linemen in college.

16 OL Alex Poholik Mount Carmel 2024 - Had a decent showing here and this was the first time seeing Alex in person this weekend at both Boom and this event. Has good overall power and strength, showed to also have a good motor and battles all comers in one on ones.

17 OL Christian Walton Brooks 2024- Big kid here who is very raw physically but shows the ability to develop into a college level player.

18 OL Parker Brault Palatine 2025 - Big barrel chested kid who has great strength, punch and power. Was able to use his feet well in cutting off speedy outside edge rushers in one on ones and he has just an advanced game for a 2025 name.

27 OL Demarcus Caston Brother Rice 2023

102 DL Gavin Tinch Prairie Ridge 2025
- Good sized kid here who showed some flashed of better things ahead. Will need to continue to improve his overall technique and bag of pass rushing tricks, but I see a lot to like here.

103 DL Tyler Fortis Maine South 2025- Strong and a pretty athletic kid here. Fortis impressed me in the post-season and he's definitely gotten bigger and stronger. Fortis bigger strength could be his combination of quickness of the snap along with just having very good strength and power. I can see teams looking at him playing either tackle or end at the college level and he has the skill set to pull that off in my opinion.

107 DL Joseph Reiff York 2025- I also was impressed with Joseph Reiff this past season, He was just a very disruptive force on the Dukes defensive line with good overall speed and who always seemed to be around the football. Reiff looks to be capable of adding more good size and weight over the next year plus and he's a name to watch no question in the 2025 class.

115 DL Hunter Lisheka King College Prep 2022- post grad workout

117 DL Jamari Chaney Mount Carmel 2024- Twitchy, quick and strong athlete here who no question was a handful to slow down in one on ones. Coaches also selected him for the best of the best portion and raved about his work ethic and attitude.

118 DL CJ Ameachi Johnsburg 2025- An interesting athlete who could wind up playing more than a few different spots at the next level. Ameachi has good size (6-foot-3, 190 pounds) and frame and will no question get bigger and much stronger over the next few years. I can see him develop into a rush end/hybrid OLB type and his overall physical tools, upside and potential is impressive.

119 DL Bryce Gray Cardinal Ritter 2025- St Louis area kid who was simply one of the top overall defensive linemen at this camp.

120 DL Johnathan Mayfield Hoffman Estates 2024- Strong, quick and athletic defensive tackle who also has enough quickness and twitch to play at end if needed. Overall had two very solid back to back ays here and also at Boom on Sunday. I will definitely dig deeper on this iid. Also received a lot of consideration for the Semper Fi top overall performer award.

121 DL Jarve Bey Homewood Flossmoor 2025- Lots of potential lots of upside as well, Bey played offensive line as a sophomore in 2022 and I felt was pretty solid, but he also showed alot playing defensive lien at this camp. Bey has impressive size and strength, is already next level ready and was able to use his hands well in one on ones. Has a chance to make some real noise in the spring and summer.

122 DL Joe Kelly Loyola Academy 2024- Just battled his butt off the entire camp. Kelly worked hard in everything, is advanced from a technique standpoint and just battled all comers. Kelly seemed to just get better with more reps in one on ones and overall earned a spot in the best of the best

123 DL Lesroy Tittle Nazareth Academy 2026- Heard alot of good things about this kid during the season and wow it's easy to see why. Tittle is a high level athlete type who has impressive mix of speed and power, had excellent overall leverage and his ability to just separate from the OL in one on ones was impressive. Considering this kid is just a freshman....wow the overall upside on him and his development will be fun to track. Biggest question is where will he be physically over the next few years and what position will he project to play at the college level?

125 DL Lamari Hall Aurora Christian 2026

126 DL Ethan Aghakhan Stevenson 2024

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News