ADVERTISEMENT

Multi-Sport Football players

missingwalter

Jul 12, 2005
Saw Neuqua's Gronowski on the court last night against Oswego and that Timutly was playing against East Aurora for Willowbrook as well. What other top football players excel at other sports to keep an eye on.

Reactions: McCaravan
Four football players are expected to play basketball for De La Salle this season, including Jason Moore. Football is his future in college, but Moore's a nice basketball player who brings great energy and spark off the bench. These kids will help us.

Four football players are expected to play basketball for De La Salle this season, including Jason Moore. Football is his future in college, but Moore's a nice basketball player who brings great energy and spark off the bench. These kids will help us.
I wish DLS still played in the the Oswego/Naper North Thanksgiving tourney. I have some un-fond memories of playing them in the the East Aurora Xmas tourney in the late 80's.

Watch Everett Stubblefield from Willowbrook play basketball. It’s his primary sport. Fantastic player!

Also from Willowbrook -Elija Brockie (sp?) An excellent wrestler.

Was the 2A state champ last year. Great shot to repeat this year now in 1A.

IF at 195, will have to beat a 2x champ to do so.
All due respect no way he wins 195 1A . He’s a great wrestler but Hoselton is on a different level

Saw Neuqua's Gronowski on the court last night against Oswego and that Timutly was playing against East Aurora for Willowbrook as well. What other top football players excel at other sports to keep an eye on.
Marcellus Moore (Plainfield North) - Track and Field
A.J. Henning (Lincoln Way East) - Track and Field

Marcellus Moore (Plainfield North) - Track and Field
A.J. Henning (Lincoln Way East) - Track and Field
Marcellus Moore is the only person I’ve seen people crowd around the track to watch at a track meet. He always delivered when I watched him too. Best comeback I ever saw in a relay was him making up about 10 meters as the anchor of a 4x100. Shame he’s graduating early so I won’t be able to see him on the track again. He already holds the 100m state record(he did as a sophomore)

Matt Mangan and Vaughn Pemberton play big minutes for Loyola's basketball team. And a number of New Trier and Loyola players will play hockey, baseball and lacrosse too

Marcellus Moore is the only person I’ve seen people crowd around the track to watch at a track meet. He always delivered when I watched him too. Best comeback I ever saw in a relay was him making up about 10 meters as the anchor of a 4x100. Shame he’s graduating early so I won’t be able to see him on the track again. He already holds the 100m state record(he did as a sophomore)
Will he be running this spring for Purdue?

Went to the Manteno half of the Coal City/Manteno Thanksgiving Tourney on Monday & Tuesday...Manteno, Peotone & IC all had numerous football players on their rosters...

Last year, for some reason, IC didn't have any football players on the team at the tournament...

No football players for Beecher, which is expected from a school that doesn't play football...

Josh Allen, Buffalo Bills:
At the time, Josh was about 6-foot-3 and 180 pounds. He hadn't attended the elite quarterback camps and wasn't a widely known prospect. His high school team didn't participate in many 7-on-7 camps because Josh and many of his teammates were busy playing baseball and other sports. He was the leading scorer on his basketball team and also pitched on the baseball team, reaching 90 mph with his fastball.

Is Joe Fanning (OL) playing basketball this year for St Pats? And if not why not?

Big guy, was interesting to see him play b-ball as a junior. Not a traditional basketball build, but he had some potential and talked about how it helped him be a better football player and kept him in shape.

Jack Lausch from Rice. May be a better baseball player than he is a QB.

That’s the video I show people when I talk about his speed. He looks like Forest gump running by every body.

St. Rita Junior ILB Michael Gaughan is a stud at LAX too.

St. Rita Junior ILB Michael Gaughan is a stud at LAX too.
Seems like CCL/ESCC dual sports of choice is football and baseball. do these guys even have a fair chance to tryout for hoops after a deep playoff run? Someone mentioned Moore, what ESCC/CCL kids compete in track?

Well just today the st Laurence QB led the Vikings to the prep bowl win and then dunks on the opening scoring play v oak lawn in the thanksgiving tournament championship Just a couple hours apart. That has to be a first try topping that same day performance!!!!! Go Vikings! Go griffins!!!!

Well just today the st Laurence QB led the Vikings to the prep bowl win and then dunks on the opening scoring play v oak lawn in the thanksgiving tournament championship Just a couple hours apart. That has to be a first try topping that same day performance!!!!! Go Vikings! Go griffins!!!!
Wait what? Didn’t prep bowl end at like 2-3? He played a b-ball game after that?

Reactions: IgorStL
Went to the Manteno half of the Coal City/Manteno Thanksgiving Tourney on Monday & Tuesday...Manteno, Peotone & IC all had numerous football players on their rosters...

Last year, for some reason, IC didn't have any football players on the team at the tournament...

No football players for Beecher, which is expected from a school that doesn't play football...

IC won the Manteno half of the Coal City / Manteno tourney, squeaking past Beecher...seems like a number of their players would rather be somewhere else...

And the place is just crawling with scouts from neighboring schools...CC, Wilmo, Peotone, a couple more schools...

Last edited:
Daniel Jezik, RB, Coal City, wrestling scholarship Oklahoma State.

Payton Hutchings, QB, Coal City, baseball scholarship Illinois

Keaton Hopwood, QB, Wilmington, baseball scholarship Coastal Carolina
CC/Wilmington needed more football time. Playing multiple sports didn’t help either team. Both teams were shut out in the playoffs. Which teams did more off season work?

Was the 2A state champ last year. Great shot to repeat this year now in 1A.

IF at 195, will have to beat a 2x champ to do so.
This would be a marquee matchup. The kid from PC is a beast, halfway to becoming 4 timer.
All due respect no way he wins 195 1A . He’s a great wrestler but Hoselton is on a different level

Expected war at 195 title match...Undefeated Hoselton v. one loss Jezik - to Hoselton around Christmas. Jezik wins 195 in a 3-2 decision to avenge his only loss of the season, and snapping Hoselton's hopes of a 3peat...

Congrats to all wrestlers on great seasons...

Great match.
As I watched it, I thought to myself "I sure wouldn't want to have to tackle that!"
It's not often 1A wrestlers get recruited to Okie State.
Well done young man.

This didn’t age well...
Expected war at 195 title match...Undefeated Hoselton v. one loss Jezik - to Hoselton around Christmas. Jezik wins 195 in a 3-2 decision to avenge his only loss of the season, and snapping Hoselton's hopes of a 3peat...

The best part here could be that they likely have the rubber match in the team semis...have to figure the Coalers with 11 state qualifiers have to be the favorite in the top half of the bracket...

The best part here could be that they likely have the rubber match in the team semis...have to figure the Coalers with 11 state qualifiers have to be the favorite in the top half of the bracket...
I bet they won’t meet up. Those dual matches are a chess match

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT