ADVERTISEMENT

MS 23 GBS 16. Final

Good game. Was it just me or did the YouTube stream have no audio? Fairly new to following but one of the closer conference games in a while? I think Evanston a year or two back was pretty close too?

It was my first time catching GBS this year, really a grind it out team. Very impressed by their defensive coaching against the Hawks. Just a lot of athletic big kids and it looks like they have good numbers. Offensively they will beat most teams and control the ball with this offense and it will work in November, but against the top of 8A they need to diversify a bit more or find a way to not have defenses so tight. MS GBS has been pretty chippy in the past, but after the game, it was awesome to see a bunch of GBS players seek out some MS players for hugs and vice versa.

It was my first time catching GBS this year, really a grind it out team. Very impressed by their defensive coaching against the Hawks. Just a lot of athletic big kids and it looks like they have good numbers. Offensively they will beat most teams and control the ball with this offense and it will work in November, but against the top of 8A they need to diversify a bit more or find a way to not have defenses so tight. MS GBS has been pretty chippy in the past, but after the game, it was awesome to see a bunch of GBS players seek out some MS players for hugs and vice versa.
Good to hear about the sportsmanship and respect. It’s a sorely missing aspect of HSFB these days. I know when NV and MS played in the playoffs last year there was a lot of mutual respect during and after the game. As it should be. Tip of the cap to MS/GBS.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT