ADVERTISEMENT

Most likely to go 9-0 in regular season?

Most likely to go 9-0

• South Elgin

Votes: 24 21.2%
  • Mt. Carmel

Votes: 24 21.2%
  • Maine South

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Lincoln Way East

Votes: 34 30.1%
  • Glenbard West

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Lemont

Votes: 16 14.2%
  • Loyola

Votes: 7 6.2%

• Total voters

King MJ

Jul 22, 2001
A good poll before the season start. Not voting on the best team, but who is most likely to go into playoffs 9-0?

Last edited:
Reactions: Anomalyout28
Because of strength of schedule probably SE or Lemont. But of course I voted for the beloved!!!

If you believe in Massey Ratings, here’s their top five rankings for most likely to go 9-0
1. Camp point central
2. South Elgin
3. Byron
4. Princeton
5. Reed Custer

I voted South Elgin.

Personally, I think SE, LWE, Lemont and GW all go undefeated.

However, GW has by far the toughest schedule so that is least likely.

I see 2 games on LWE (Bat, Bolingbrook) and Lemont's (Geneva, Libertville) that should at least be competitive.

I don't see a competitive game on SE's schedule. However, this is also why I see SE losing in first round of playoffs if they get a 5-4 team from a top conference (Catholic league, DuKane)

Okay so what do they go?

In the ICE thread that I started and a lot of people commented on I have seen anywhere from 6-3 to 3-6. I think a loss to Wilmington and Johnsburg are locks. After that it just depends on how the middle of the pack shakes out. I was initially high on them this year, but I think I was just giving benefit of the doubt. I'll say they end up 5-4.

What is your prediction for the Vomits, er Comets?

No way Johnsburg is a lock. I have the Comets going into the Wilmington game undefeated and then losing a physical match up. I'm predicting they will be so banged up, they lose to CC the next week. After that, they run the table and finish 7-2.

No way Johnsburg is a lock. I have the Comets going into the Wilmington game undefeated and then losing a physical match up. I'm predicting they will be so banged up, they lose to CC the next week. After that, they run the table and finish 7-2.
I’d be very surprised if R-C went 7-2. I had them at 5-4, but then I heard the kid that was the heir apparent at QB suffered an injury and will miss most, if not all, of the season. Still think they will be generally competitive though.

• Wow
Reactions: McEvergreen
I’d be very surprised if R-C went 7-2. I had them at 5-4, but then I heard the kid that was the heir apparent at QB suffered an injury and will miss most, if not all, of the season. Still think they will be generally competitive though.
Wow. Hadn't heard that. If it's who I think it is, RC is in trouble. The incoming freshman is really good, but I doubt they bring him up to the Varsity unless absolutely necessary. As in, if he's the only QB left in the program.

You've always had a strong love for RC. What's the connection?

Lemont. Only 2 of their 9 opponents this year were above .500 by the end of last season. Historically since 2006 annually, in 6 league games and 1 cross-over vs Lemont, teams exist that have never beaten them and with the others, you could count each of their victories easily using one hand.

Lemont. Only 2 of their 9 opponents this year were above .500 by the end of last season. Historically since 2006 annually, in 6 league games and 1 cross-over vs Lemont, teams exist that have never beaten them and with the others, you could count each of their victories easily using one hand.
Lemont is in a horrible conference, but they always translate well into the playoffs. Respect.

Reactions: johnndoe
Where's Coach Percy? I know he's throwing the Mighty Clark Eagles in the undefeated column!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT