ADVERTISEMENT

Morris 42 Peoria 34 End of 3rd nm

You'd think Thorson would figure out some semblance of a defense.
I’ve said this for a number of years and not only in regards to Thorson. But look at all the traditional powers in the Morris/I-80 corridor they’re coached by people who don’t understand the damn game! And don’t know what discipline and a winning attitude is because they didn’t come from that. And I’m talking CC, Morris,Ottawa, ect from the 90/00s The only team that has a consistent year in and year out Wilmo because Reents came from the DD era and knows the game Seneca seems to be on the up and coming because the coach “Doyle” maybe or something like that is I believe I heard is an older generation coach. The coaches these days don’t want to seem to coach the players but rather play flipping politics and play their studs both ways all game. I can’t think of a game In The DD or Dergo regime that a team scores 45 and looses a damn game!! Soft undisciplined coaching is what it boils down to IMO

I’ve said this for a number of years and not only in regards to Thorson. But look at all the traditional powers in the Morris/I-80 corridor they’re coached by people who don’t understand the damn game! And don’t know what discipline and a winning attitude is because they didn’t come from that. And I’m talking CC, Morris,Ottawa, ect from the 90/00s The only team that has a consistent year in and year out Wilmo because Reents came from the DD era and knows the game Seneca seems to be on the up and coming because the coach “Doyle” maybe or something like that is I believe I heard is an older generation coach. The coaches these days don’t want to seem to coach the players but rather play flipping politics and play their studs both ways all game. I can’t think of a game In The DD or Dergo regime that a team scores 45 and looses a damn game!! Soft undisciplined coaching is what it boils down to IMO
It's not even that, though I do agree with you. He's faced Peoria multiple times and continues to play into their game plan and try to win a shootout. That's what Peoria wants. You want to really frustrate them, then line up in "T" and grind it out 4 yards at a time all game. Shorten the game and limit their possessions. Get a stop or two and the game is yours. They always onside or kick short so you never have a long field.

You’re not wrong with what you say. But they don’t coach that style of football anymore than they did when I’m assuming you and I played. The kids are not being taught that type of mentality of I’m bigger Better faster than you try to stop me from running down your throat like I said wilmo! You can score 100 point a game but if your DC is a dumb Fu** like morris coreter or whomever the hasve 101 wins the game. It’s still boils down to indiscipline in the coaches and players

On a side note since it’s conference related I was told today that 7 LP starters are benched until week 8 due to alcohol and drugs being found today. Don’t know if it’s true or not but a pretty decent source.
And also LP QB being a Fresh is pretty legit. Watched some of the game online tonight and he’s one to watch in the next few years! They’ll get crushed by the usuals in the conference this year but he’s a legit up and coming QB

• Wow
Reactions: 4Afan
Seneca coach is Terry Maxwell

Defense started going bye bye when everybody bought into the spread offense. It's the NBA on turf. To heck with defense, we'll just outscore everyone 🤣

Morris used to be a team nobody wanted to play because of their DEFENSE. Pure and simple.

Programs like Byron and Wilmington are successful because of their philosophy. No matter their personnel, they're going to wear you down with a power running game and play great defense and specials consistently. Seneca is catching on.

On a side note since it’s conference related I was told today that 7 LP starters are benched until week 8 due to alcohol and drugs being found today. Don’t know if it’s true or not but a pretty decent source.
And also LP QB being a Fresh is pretty legit. Watched some of the game online tonight and he’s one to watch in the next few years! They’ll get crushed by the usuals in the conference this year but he’s a legit up and coming QB
IF it's true, I'm wondering how they come back week 8 vs. gone?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT