ADVERTISEMENT

Morgan Park 27 Sycamore 21 - FINAL

Sycamore was driving for a TD and their RB fumbled at the MP goal line. The extra point would have won it. MP has a lot of talent and quick strike capability. They are not going to be an easy matchup for anyone. Sycamore is a running ball control offense. 3-4 yards on every running play. Long drives kept the ball out MP's hands. MP has the ability to go the distance on every play. MP will be the favorite next week.

Sycamore was driving for a TD and their RB fumbled at the MP goal line. The extra point would have won it. MP has a lot of talent and quick strike capability. They are not going to be an easy matchup for anyone. Sycamore is a running ball control offense. 3-4 yards on every running play. Long drives kept the ball out MP's hands. MP has the ability to go the distance on every play. MP will be the favorite next week.
Not sure I can see them being a favorite over St. Francis.

Reactions: chakazulu89
Not sure I can see them being a favorite over St. Francis.
While I will root for St. Francis MP only lost to MC by 10 @ MC. Looking at St. Francis's schedule they have not faced this speed all year. To win they will have to minimize the touches MP gets in the game by not having turn overs and have long ball control drives. They do all of that and they could win.

While I will root for St. Francis MP only lost to MC by 10 @ MC. Looking at St. Francis's schedule they have not faced this speed all year. To win they will have to minimize the touches MP gets in the game by not having turn overs and have long ball control drives. They do all of that and they will win.
Great synopsis but neither Sycamore or MC has the passing attack that St. Francis has. Can MP go score for score with St. Francis?

Great synopsis but neither Sycamore or MC has the passing attack that St. Francis has. Can MP go score for score with St. Francis?
St. Francis could throw 7 - 10 yard pass completions in a row and score. It won't be their offense the wins it. It will be their defensive stops. This year MP could just throw one screen pass for the 70 yards. Like an ESL mini me.

And MC has a very good passing attack. Most people don't see it because they have one of the best running backs in the state. Where St. Francis has a very large advantage is in the kicking game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT