ADVERTISEMENT

More and more talk about rescheduling games......

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
With the projected weather for Friday I keep hearing more and more talk about schools looking at possibly rescheduling games stay tuned.

I see the potential for split games. Back in 2014 Palatine and Libertyville played the first half on a Friday night.. then the lightning and storms came. They played the second half on Saturday at 1:30pm

I am not sure I would be on board with the cancellation of games based on what might happen. What if the forecasts are wrong and the bad weather doesn't show up and you already canceled the game? Suppose the weather doesn't arrive till well after midnight but lasts throughout the next day? What then?

I say you show up and attempt to play the game unless the weather has already arrived or if it is very close. Wait it out and see.

I haven't seen anything about completely cancelling games. My guess is any of the schools looking to reschedule are trying to move Friday night games to Saturday night. Sometimes you have to play the odds, and tomorrow night forecast looks much better than tonight. Biggest safety issue is potential thunder/lightning, and I've only seen that mentioned as a possibility this afternoon/tonight (not tomorrow).

I do tend to agree that's it's better to wait and see, but that's easier said as a fan. I don't have to deal with the details/headaches involved.

Reactions: LTHSALUM76
One consideration is also the officials working tonight may not be available tomorrow.

I am not sure I would be on board with the cancellation of games based on what might happen. What if the forecasts are wrong and the bad weather doesn't show up and you already canceled the game? Suppose the weather doesn't arrive till well after midnight but lasts throughout the next day? What then?

I say you show up and attempt to play the game unless the weather has already arrived or if it is very close. Wait it out and see.
My thought is that is exactly will happen but if for instance storms move it and lightning causes a delay, they may pull the plug quickly. Remember, 30 minute delays per lightning flash.

Right now there is a large area of heavy weather developing out in regions west and southwest of the immediate areas outside of Chicago. We will..get rained on and that's fine. The question is will those rains be accompanied by things like hail, high winds and lightning?

I'm sure most every school is going to get started and see where it goes from there.

Should I stay or should I go?!!??? 7 weeks perfect attendance but tonight forecast has me thinking!! Hmm….

Reactions: Jenny27
Looking at the radar, it's gonna rain all day and night. Slow moving system out of the south. Nothing severe, however.

Should I stay or should I go?!!??? 7 weeks perfect attendance but tonight forecast has me thinking!! Hmm….
Rookie... Dr. Gerardo Grieco 1972 hasn't missed a St. Rita game in well over 50 years!

Rookie... Dr. Gerardo Grieco 1972 hasn't missed a St. Rita game in well over 50 years!

The push I was looking for! Think a few miller lites at JTs will help me stay dry…

Reactions: RockSoup and eireog
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT