ADVERTISEMENT

MMXXIV Edition - CCL-ESCC Predictions Week VII

ignazio

Oct 25, 2007
Of the 11 contested games last week, Gambletron had 5 cover, 3 upsets, 2 dogs cover and 1 push. Which is to say, if you have inside information from, say, an MRI shop ... that could be useful as the season progresses. Once AI is introduced into the system, we might not have to play the games anymore.

ND @ BR
regular season (neutral field)
[2024] Brother Rice (Chicago, IL) 34 (98%), [2024] Notre Dame (Niles, IL) 0 (2%)
JC @ MC
[2024] Mount Carmel (Chicago, IL) 28 (81%), [2024] Joliet Catholic Academy (Joliet, IL) 14 (19%)
Marist @ SI
[2024] Marist (Chicago, IL) 38 (74%), [2024] St. Ignatius (Chicago, IL) 28 (26%)
PC @ LA
[2024] Loyola Academy (Wilmette, IL) 28 (90%), [2024] Providence Catholic (New Lenox, IL) 7 (10%)
SR @ Leo
[2024] St. Rita (Chicago, IL) 62 (>99%), [2024] Leo (Chicago, IL) 0 (<1%
IC @ MA
[2024] Immaculate Conception (Elmhurst, IL) 31 (93%), [2024] Marmion Academy (Aurora, IL) 8 (7%)
Naz @ DLS
[2024] Nazareth Academy (LaGrange Park, IL) 62 (>99%), [2024] De La Salle (Chicago, IL) 0 (<1%)

SF @ Marian, Heights
[2024] St. Francis (Wheaton, IL) 38 (98%), [2024] Marian Catholic (Chicago Heights, IL) 3 (2%)
MCHS @ SV
[2024] Montini Catholic (Lombard, IL) 27 (88%), [2024] St. Viator (Arlington Heights, IL) 8 (12%)
CoM @ DP
[2024] DePaul College Prep (Chicago, IL) 35 (65%), [2024] Carmel (Mundelein, IL) 28 (35%)
SL @ SP
[2024] St. Laurence (Burbank, IL) 40 (98%), [2024] St. Patrick (Chicago, IL) 6 (2%)
F @ BA
[2024] Fenwick (Oak Park, IL) 35 (90%), [2024] Benet Academy (Lisle, IL) 14 (10%)

Notre Dame +34
Joliet Catholic Academy +14
Marist -10
Loyola Academy -21
Leo +62
Immaculate Conception -23
St. Francis -35
Montini Catholic -19
Carmel (Mundelein, IL) +7
St. Patrick +34
Benet Academy +21

Reactions: ignazio
I'd like to have one good week this year picking these games. Hasn't happened yet.

Rice -34
JCA +14
Marist -10
LA -21
Leo +62
IC -23
Marian Cath +35
Montini -19
CoM +7
Pat's +34
Benet +21

Going to be a beautiful fall night. I have followed this season less than any prior season. Probably has something to do with my Dons being unable to score a literal single point.

BR -34 vs ND. Dons score. Call me crazy. But I think they score. Defense is worn down at this point and won't have an answer for BR. Crusaders 49-3.

MC -14 vs JCA. An angry Caravan team is a team you don't want to face. Think this one is close early, but MC pulls away. Caravan 31-14.

Marist -10 vs Iggy. Just a brutal schedule for the Wolfpack. Love their recent success, but they are not a Blue team. Doesn't help when they play crossover games vs the likes of Fenwick, Marist & Montini. I'm not a playoff expert, but do they have any prayer of getting in at 4-5? Marist 28-17.

LA -21 vs Providence. The Ramblers defense seems to be rounding into form. Bad news for a Celtics team fighting for its playoff life. Ramblers 35-7.

Leo +62 vs Rita. Get back to the Blue, Mustangs. Rita 49-0.

IC -23 vs Marmion. Knights put up a nice fight vs WSF last week. They keep their playoff hopes alive this week. Cadets clinch their berth week 9 vs Leo. IC 40-7.

Marian +35 vs WSF. Spartans will be an interesting playoff team. Marquee win vs Ramblers. But then looking very human vs Rita, Providence and IC. They'll look good this week at least. WSF 42-14.

Montini -19 vs Viator. Give me that Bronco defense in a playoff clinching win. They'll be a title contender in 3A. Viator will be facing back-to-back "must-wins" vs IC and Pat's to end the season. Broncos 31-7.

Carmel +7 vs DePaul. Corsairs need this. And will get the upset. Again, hope they math lets them in at 4-5 because they'll be hard pressed to get that 5th win vs LA or Fenwick to end the season. Corsairs 27-20.

Pat's +34 vs Larry. How is StL doing healthwise? I think they can win this game while resting up a bit. Rely on their defense. Vikings 35-14.

Fenwick -21 vs Benet. Are we not talking about Fenwick enough? Only loss was by 1 point to JCA. Nice wins over Iggy, Montini and (an injured) StL. Can they make noise in 6A? Are they a threat to knock of CG/Libertyville and face ESL in the state title (if the brackets shake out that way)? Benet clinched their spot last week and frankly, they may lose out. Friars 42-14.

Marist -10 vs Iggy. Just a brutal schedule for the Wolfpack. Love their recent success, but they are not a Blue team. Doesn't help when they play crossover games vs the likes of Fenwick, Marist & Montini. I'm not a playoff expert, but do they have any prayer of getting in at 4-5? Marist 28-17.

Iggy’s game with Fenwick wasn’t a crossover. It was a non-con.

Iggy’s game with Fenwick wasn’t a crossover. It was a non-con.
Didn't know that. Iggy should rethink its non-con scheduling when it's in the Blue...

Reactions: CCHS-Fan
Brother Rice 38 (-34) Notre Dame 0: Rice just needs to worry about staying healthy through this game

Mount Carmel 42 (-14) Joliet Catholic 20: If the Caravan weren't coming off a loss, I'd feel more frisky about this game

Marist 27 Saint Ignatius 23 (+10) : Ignatius would be an absolute nightmare in most playoff brackets. Unfortunately, I don't see them getting to 5 wins

Loyola 30 Providence 10 (+21): Is there anything particularly interesting about this game? I can't imagine the Ramblers feel threatened at any point.

Saint Rita 56 Leo 6 (+62): Not a good match up for either team. I just can't see the Ponies actively trying to run it up on Leo

Immaculate Conception 37 (-23) Marmion 13: Another 'meh" game. ICP fighting for their lives!

Naz @ DLS: Naz getting a bye week now is incredible timing

Saint Francis 45 (-35) Marian, Heights 7:
Another bad matchup. Heights is better than their record indicates.

Montini 33 Saint Viator 17 (+19): While I don't think Montini will struggle, the Lions get in the endzone a few times

DePaul 31 Carmel 27 (+7) GOTW! I can no longer ride the Corsair bandwagon. I find it utterly surprising that they may not even get to 4 wins.

Saint Laurence 53 Saint Patrick 21 (+34): While Larry's may be banged up, the Shamrocks identity seems to have flipped. They now can't stop anyone, but did have a bit of an offensive break out last week.

Fenwick 42 (-21) Benet 17: Benet accomplished their goal. Now they just need to stay healthy.

ND @ BR
I'm hoping the Dons can cover.
JC @ MC
With QB1 out, there's just no chance the Hillmen won't cover. Right?
Marist @ SI
I think the Wolfpack can cover.
PC @ LA
The only thing worse than losing to LA on a beautiful fall Saturday is driving an hour and a half home. Ramblers.
SR @ Leo
Lions.
IC @ MA
I envision the Cadets covering.
Naz @ DLS
If this game were played, it would be fun. Sadly we need to direct some FEMA funds to the Meteors for rebuilding.
SF @ Marian, Heights
Spartans. -- EDIT: Sparty of the Heights
MCHS @ SV
Lions.
CoM @ DP
Game of the Week. Corsairs are 3-3, 10 point dogs and have DePaul, LA and Fenwick remaining. Back against the wall. Rams are 5-1, celebrating a playoff berth. Do they mail it in? Take it easy? Against my better judgement, I see the Corsairs pulling this one out.
SL @ SP
Shamrocks should cover.
F @ BA
Redwings.

Last edited:
Reactions: RockSoup
BR -34
MC -14
Marist -10
LA -21
Leo +62
IC -23
Sparty, of the Chi Heights +35
Montini -19
Dep -7
StP +34
Fenwick -21

Remember the Spartans this week. Name which school and not just the nickname in the Spartan Bowl between St. Francis and Marian Catholic. Thanks Fam!

Edit: Thankfully only @ignazio did it. I thought it might be more of a mistake. Everyone has done well so far, except for Iggy even though it was not a mistake from him, it was strategy.

Last edited:
ND +34 - Did I earn a point last week for predicting the push? I’d like to do the same again this week.

JCA +14 straight up

Marist -10 I wouldn’t touch this if it were over 2 scores due to Iggy’s style of offense. I believe the clock will make the final score seem closer than it is.

LA -21

Leo +62
two D/ST TDs for Rita and they get to 40 fairly quickly.

IC, SF, Montini all cover

Carmel +7. Carmel by 2 scores. DP’s 5 wins are a combined 12-18. Those 12 wins come against a combined 20-52. DePaul is doing great things but I’m sensing a little fools gold.

SP +34 if Larry wasn’t injuried I wouldn’t think twice on this one.

Fenwick -21 I’ll also take the over.

Pushes and predictions of pushes count for zero points. But actually an interesting question. Predicting the push, I’m going to have to run the numbers to see how much a ‘point’ would be worth for a predicted push.

Pushes and predictions of pushes count for zero points. But actually an interesting question. Predicting the push, I’m going to have to run the numbers to see how much a ‘point’ would be worth for a predicted push.
Didn't we have a double push week this year? Or was it last season - and several others within a field goal. Gambletron's best week ever.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT