ADVERTISEMENT

MC vs St. Laurence

feeto

Aug 23, 2007
Not much chatter lately about this one. I'm sure MC will win in a rout, but the Lenti thing is still intriguing. Is Coach Frank usually on the field during the Laurence games, or does he hang up in the press box? I'll be watching the post game handshake line with great interest.

Emotions will be high but both schools have too much class to be anything other than respectful and gentlenmanly. Frank and Mr Hughes shaking hands would be the interesting interaction. MC by 35.

It will definitely be gentlemanly, lots of respect on both sides. I just want to see Coach Franks reaction when he embraces his former coaches and players. Not to mention his nephew, brother and son.

It will definitely be gentlemanly, lots of respect on both sides. I just want to see Coach Franks reaction when he embraces his former coaches and players. Not to mention his nephew, brother and son.
I would hope Frank and his family have already discussed this game and the pre and post game interaction. I see more than handshakes with past coaches and players. I would hope some gentleman-like hugs. That guy was a mentor and fatherlike figure to many!

Not much chatter lately about this one. I'm sure MC will win in a rout, but the Lenti thing is still intriguing. Is Coach Frank usually on the field during the Laurence games, or does he hang up in the press box? I'll be watching the post game handshake line with great interest.
For the 5 games I have been to this year, I have seen Frank on the sidelines for all games - he kind of hangs out toward the end of the sidelines and does not appear to be overly involved in game play management - at times I do see a player or coach consult with him - they usually approach him. I just hope the Vikes can avoid a running clock and the young guns put up a fight!

Reactions: Gene K.
Unfortunately MC needed that providence game(win or lose) to prepare for the playoffs. Expect them to come out rusty and call off the dogs. I could see a 35-20 or 35-14 win. Also, I’d be shocked if Lenti shakes hands with Ned Hughes. Anyone got odds going on that?

Unfortunately MC needed that providence game(win or lose) to prepare for the playoffs. Expect them to come out rusty and call off the dogs. I could see a 35-20 or 35-14 win. Also, I’d be shocked if Lenti shakes hands with Ned Hughes. Anyone got odds going on that?

0% chance that Hughes will even be at the game, nonetheless in the post game handshake line.

0% chance that Hughes will even be at the game, nonetheless in the post game handshake line.
Every time I’ve seen Ned at the games he’s in the stands or WAY over on the side and never participates in the team handshake.

I'm not sure Coach Lenti will be on the sidelines for this one. I don't think he wants his presence to overshadow Coach Blackmon and the young Norsemen.

Knowing Frank I’m sure he does not want this game to be about him but about the MC and StL players. I’m not surprised if he going low profile

Knowing Frank I’m sure he does not want this game to be about him but about the MC and StL players. I’m not surprised if he going low profile
If they were 5-2 instead of 2-5 and the media were all over this game, different story I think. ***Not a bust on Vikings season, I know it’s a rebuild year and your going with a lot of underclass man, you’ll be strong the next couple years***. I think STL will play hard and keep it close a half, MC pulls away in the second half

If they were 5-2 instead of 2-5 and the media were all over this game, different story I think. ***Not a bust on Vikings season, I know it’s a rebuild year and your going with a lot of underclass man, you’ll be strong the next couple years***. I think STL will play hard and keep it close a half, MC pulls away in the second half
I don't disagree. This is pretty close to a JV team. The effort will be there, they just need some experience.

I'll tell ya this much. With he skill players Harold brings in if Lenti can work the O line and Nye the defense they will continue to make noise especially if they are placed in a division to succeed in the new conference.

they will continue to make noise especially if they are placed in a division to succeed in the new conference.[/QUOTE]

So, what you're saying is, if they are put into a division with teams that are worse than they are, they will have success?

Reactions: go_rice

will be just like when dogz played ike.
before game clapped ooohd and aahd, then during we chanted:
you shoulda been a bulldog ooh aah!! oh you was.. then we would squash them.
they chant that towards good players you should have been a bulldog but went to the other school.
will be just like that. except they will say you shoulda been a brownie ooh aah!! oh you was. and then they will squash them and run up the score and not let them cross the 50. or it is not brownie but some sort of candy(caramel or something) whatever, what are they called? ah anyway mc by a ton.

You must not be close to the program. I would bet $100 the opposite happens with a push if both or neither show up, if you care to wager.

And talking about being at game, I haven't seen Hughes in the handshake line this year, but he's at the games.

Is this game televised? I remember some chatter before the season, but I can’t find it.

Great game! 40-0!

Lenti was no where to be seen, definitely was not out there after the game during the handshakes. Hughes was in the stands the whole game. MC crowd was having a blast (other than the cold).

Great game! 40-0!

Lenti was no where to be seen, definitely was not out there after the game during the handshakes. Hughes was in the stands the whole game. MC crowd was having a blast (other than the cold).
Pretty dead on accurate analysis. 40-0 at half. Running clock in second half. Rebuilding for STL, they will be back.

Reactions: Eringobragh
Oh it’s always about Frank, St Lawrence is Playing Mt. Carmel Frank has nothing to do with it! Let it go khaki nation it’s over

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT