ADVERTISEMENT

MC @ BR

Rumblings of a major player out for 3-4 weeks for Dante. While everyone will be quick to jump on the crusaders, I believe MC will still hang 40 on rice and win.

This is put up or shut up for the Crusaders. Coach Q has not won the big one versus the Caravan and this needs to be their SuperBowl - otherwise making playoffs in deep jeapardy. MC will be heavily favored but if Rice can win turnover battle, stop the run and dont give up the deep ball then maybe an upset is possible - Iggy played MC very well for first half then the wheels came off

Reactions: crusaderpride
I don't know why this was so taboo to talk about as injuries happen but I think people close to both programs and probably most of the CCL know Jack Elliott isn't playing due to a injury that will be week by week depending on his progress. Emmett Dowling is starting. He's Blaineys younger brother and very athletic but he is also making his first Varsity start on the road against a local CCL rival looking for a big win. I'm sure a proper package was put in for him and he will do fine, but MC's defense, which has been a work in progress, has to step up tonight and help the offense out. They can't give up more then 3 TDs and expect a QB making his first start to light up the scoreboard. Injuries happen, while never good you have to play on. MC will be OK.

Reactions: WIU78 and MS4EVER
Proud of Dowling. Making your first start on the road against a rival is a tough task and he did very good. Do I think if we have Elliott MC wins? I do, but I don't want to take away anything from BR they played a great defensive game. MC had a couple real dumb penalties to stall a couple drives and kicking the ball out of bounds didn't help at the end. Defense played good but still not great. I think Dowling will continue to get better, but I do hope Elliott can get back soon as it's just a different dynamic when he plays. Press on MC

Let's face it - Elliott plays its likely a different result. You have to be happy with Dowlings performance. You're in good hands with him while Elliott out and next year. Leman/Bureell good WRs. Both teams played sloppy at times (MC with some uncharacteistic penalties), Still a big win for Rice (and mostly for Coach Q) - good way to get season back on track

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT