ADVERTISEMENT

MC @ Br. Rice again

There is more “neighborhood” eyes at that gane if played at BR

Smart move

Will Marist ever break the MC curse???

There is more “neighborhood” eyes at that gane if played at BR

Smart move

Will Marist ever break the MC curse???
This has to be driving Feeto nuts!! Best visitor seats in state await Feeto. Should be a good game. If Elliott is out then I think we might be able to pull the upset. Kidding aside, we've got a nice D coming back.

Reactions: MMA_Det
I would seriously throw long to Maxson every other play. Figure he's going to outrun or outjump the MC defenders at least five of the twenty fly patterns. That's what I'd do

I would seriously throw long to Maxson every other play. Figure he's going to outrun or outjump the MC defenders at least five of the twenty fly patterns. That's what I'd do
Who’s throwing it to him? That’s been the problem with BR’s offense under Coach Q, with the dual QBs the past two season I’m not even sure what offense BR runs. They got a good RB transfer too. Depends on the QB and the O line and on defense the secondary, but they could be dangerous all the way around, I’d think more so in 2025, I liked the Freshman QB the 2 games I saw him play

3 years in a row on the picnic bench’s at BR sucks but BR has to make the trip to Wilmette 3 years in a row to play LA and that sucks worse.

Reactions: Topiary
Who’s throwing it to him? That’s been the problem with BR’s offense under Coach Q, with the dual QBs the past two season I’m not even sure what offense BR runs. They got a good RB transfer too. Depends on the QB and the O line and on defense the secondary, but they could be dangerous all the way around, I’d think more so in 2025, I liked the Freshman QB the 2 games I saw him play
I think you are referring to Rocco Galasso the Frosh - he's solid - the Soph QB coming up as a Junior (Gray) looked good too. I agree no more rotating QBs. Maxson picked up recent offers from Marshall and Western Michigan. He had huge games against us and Marist last year. Rice has some decent players on Defense - Pierce at LB (if he stays healthy he'll be the best in Blue), Stec, Liggins, Parks the super soph, etc all have DI offers. Should be interesting - hopefully we'll surprise some.

I think you are referring to Rocco Galasso the Frosh - he's solid - the Soph QB coming up as a Junior (Gray) looked good too. I agree no more rotating QBs. Maxson picked up recent offers from Marshall and Western Michigan. He had huge games against us and Marist last year. Rice has some decent players on Defense - Pierce at LB (if he stays healthy he'll be the best in Blue), Stec, Liggins, Parks the super soph, etc all have DI offers. Should be interesting - hopefully we'll surprise some.
Pierce is the high D1 LB in the Blue for sure, I hope he is healthy so he can show what he can do, his Sophomore year was solid for being a Sophomore on Varsity and last year got washed away, would like to see what he can do for a full season healthy as a senior, except against MC 😀. That being said, Matt Mucha at MC is right there for best in the Blue conversation. He’s a beast, tackling machine with a high motor, 1st team All Conference as a Junior. He was every bit as good as Parker Startz last year, and Parker was the best in the Conference. His only drawback with becoming a high D1 recruit is his height being 5’10. But he will make some D2/D3 school very happy.

Reactions: Jenny27
We need Dean of Selection to jump on this thread - I think he has player evaluations for both teams.

Reactions: Jenny27
3 years in a row on the picnic bench’s at BR sucks but BR has to make the trip to Wilmette 3 years in a row to play LA and that sucks worse.
Friday traffic included now due to Loyola having lights!

His clip has a lot of long TD catches - 48 seconds in was Rita's lone score - I think he torched us for 3 TDs - Marist he had 10 catches - 3 long TDs -
MC saw him twice last year. He's legit. First game he had a long TD on their first series, MC adjusted though and shut him down the remainder. Second time they played was the first round of the playoffs right after MC lost to LA in a heartbreaker and they came out firing, and SR was banged up and using a Soph QB, so I don't even know if he had a catch, it was over pretty quickly.

MC saw him twice last year. He's legit. First game he had a long TD on their first series, MC adjusted though and shut him down the remainder. Second time they played was the first round of the playoffs right after MC lost to LA in a heartbreaker and they came out firing, and SR was banged up and using a Soph QB, so I don't even know if he had a catch, it was over pretty quickly.
Thanks for update - yeah I would seriously throw long at least 8 times a game - if they give too much cushion then quick hitches. But if he's a legit 6'3 and has a 48 inch standing high jump (per his measurables) then I'd be tossing up flies long for him to outrun defender or do jump balls on. If they double him, then you can run your TE up the gut past the LB or a slot WR on drags over middle . Should be interesting to see if they have QB who can just wing it out there.

Reactions: MMA_Det
We need Dean of Selection to jump on this thread - I think he has player evaluations for both teams.
MC has a lot of talent still, led by Elliott, but they have a lot of holes to replace on offense, especially having to replace Dupree/Manning, 3 linemen and all WR's. Defense will be solid with Mucha and Pustateri back at LB, Havy Payne who was 1st Team All Conference and Zander Gorman back in the secondary, but they have 2 juniors to be at DE that are making themselves known on the recruiting trail. Breadon Jones has a new Power 5 offer every day, most recently USC as of yesterday, but has numerous others in the SEC and ND offered as well. He's 6'5 250 and can move. Got generous snaps on varsity as a Soph, he's might be the most heavily recruited MC player ever before he leaves, his potential is through the roof. The other one is Joey Quinn who is 6'6 240 and growing he turned some heads at recent camps and got a few MAC offers as a result. Do I feel as confident as I have about this teams chances as I have the past two seasons? No. Too many question marks on Offense. Did they think they have enough talent to reload though and am I confident in Jordan Lynchs offensive scheme? Absolutely. I will give LA the early nod for Conference favorite followed by MC, BR and Iggy (never thought they would rise to the blue but here they are!). I would put BR at 7-2/6-3 depending on how they do against Marist and SR which i would put them as early favorites in both.

Last edited:
MC has a lot of talent still, led by Elliott, but they have a lot of holes to replace on offense, especially having to replace Dupree/Manning, 3 linemen and all WR's. Defense will be solid with Mucha and Pustateri back at LB, Havy Payne who was 1st Team All Conference and Zander Gorman back in the secondary, but they have 2 juniors to be at DE that are making themselves known on the recruiting trail. Breadon Jones has a new Power 5 offer every day, most recently USC as of yesterday, but has numerous others in the SEC and NC offered as well. He's 6'5 250 and can move. Got generous snaps on varsity as a Soph, he's might be the most heavily recruited MC player ever before he leaves, his potential is through the roof. The other one is Joey Quinn who is 6'6 240 and growing he turned some heads at recent camps and got a few MAC offers as a result. Do I feel as confident as I have about this teams chances as I have the past two seasons? No. Too many question marks on Offense. Did they think they have enough talent to reload though and am I confident in Jordan Lynchs offensive scheme? Absolutely. I will give LA the early nod for Conference favorite followed by MC, BR and Iggy (never thought they would rise to the blue but here they are!). I would put BR at 7-2/6-3 depending on how they do against Marist and SR which i would put them as early favorites in both.
Those DEs will be beasts - assuming Mucha will be the MLB? Defense in the end wins games so MC has a solid one at that. I like some of the underclassmen (To Be Juniors and Sophs) so would assume you'll be young. Elliott is the best QB in Blue and IMO maybe best in State (the kid at LWE is pretty special too). MC will go as far as Elliott goes (remember when Lausch got hurt it killed Rice vs Wheaton North so think the same will apply with MC - he stays healthy and its another 7A championship - hopefully playing Rice on the other side of bracket)

Thanks for update - yeah I would seriously throw long at least 8 times a game - if they give too much cushion then quick hitches. But if he's a legit 6'3 and has a 48 inch standing high jump (per his measurables) then I'd be tossing up flies long for him to outrun defender or do jump balls on. If they double him, then you can run your TE up the gut past the LB or a slot WR on drags over middle . Should be interesting to see if they have QB who can just wing it out there.
He has grown to a legit 6'4 now... I would target him at least 10 times a game at a min... Should've been done when he was at Rita. He's a TD waiting to happen on 50% or more his catches.

MC will go as far as Elliott goes
Yes, and I expect Elliott to be a more explosive runner and an even more lethal passer this year. He is indeed the second coming of Jack Lausch. Makes the players around him better, as any good quarterback should do.

Last edited:
Reactions: DeanOfSelection
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT