ADVERTISEMENT

Marist-HF

Videosurfer

Sep 8, 2018
I am headed to this game and then Beast-Eville game in the evening. I will be rooting for Marist as I have an aversion to all things H-F.

I have not seen Marist play this year. Anyone care to handicap the game?

If HF cannot find a way to contain Markett then they lose. He put on a show vs NC. HF has had one of their better defensive squads in quite sometime.

Can Marist D stop HF offense?

Another game where the better D will seal the deal.

Reactions: Videosurfer
If HF cannot find a way to contain Markett then they lose. He put on a show vs NC. HF has had one of their better defensive squads in quite sometime.

Can Marist D stop HF offense?

Another game where the better D will seal the deal.
Agreed. I know NC has a great offense, but I thought Marist's D would play better than they did. They held Naz to one offensive TD. I believe H-F is more of a run based offense. The Marist D will need to play much better than last week, because H-F's D is much better than NC's. I don't expect the Marist O to put up 38 against H-F.

Reactions: Gene K.
Markett can whip it too.
He has just not had to do it much this year.
It is not easy to run on this Marist defense.
Historically speaking, come playoff time HF seems to find a way to turn lemonade into lemons.
My money would be on Marist by a score.

What did HF give up to LWE? 42? 49? I like Marist by 7

Tends to bend, not break.
The Stevenson game was a great example of the bend but don’t break. And vs NC the defense got beat at times by a great QB but eventually had a couple good series to win the game.

Since there was nothing on TV last night (other than mid-term vote coverage) I actually found that I recorded and saved the HF v LWE game - so I watched most of it. Although the Griffins won big, after seeing the game a second time around - this time on TV - HF actually had some moments - good moments I mean. They moved the ball a bit on the Griffins D and then self-destructed. The defense gave up some easy passes in the post but at times did put some pressure on Jack..
For Marist, I like their chances in the secondary - the HF QB has that soft, lofty and lazy type of throw - after facing NC darts down the field, I think the Marist secondary steps up big with a couple picks. They just need a fair amount of pressure from the D line. But keeping the HF running game in check will be a challenge for Marist (even if that is what it does best).
On offense, Marist will need to be balanced - I think they can keep HF off balance and guessing. But the real difference with be the special teams.
HF punts are low line drives and very returnable - among other woes I saw from HF.
Well, I like Marist in this one - Marist 38 - HF 30.
So close to my dream match-up of Marist vs LWE (I had nephews play at both LWE and Marist) .
Go Hawks!
Also:
LWE 35 - Ed 14
StL 34 - DLS 30
Bears 42 - Lions 21

Reactions: Bowie50
I have two enduring images of HF from this year:
1) They scored first against LWE and their receiver posed in the end zone a la Randy Moss. It was the last time he got near the end zone until the team crossed it on their way to the bus after the game.

2) The HF secondary was "lost in space" looking for Will Robinson (for you young guys, google it).

If Marist has a QB that can throw, this might not be close. I have my ticket already and will be on the Marist side.

I have two enduring images of HF from this year:
1) They scored first against LWE and their receiver posed in the end zone a la Randy Moss. It was the last time he got near the end zone until the team crossed it on their way to the bus after the game.

2) The HF secondary was "lost in space" looking for Will Robinson (for you young guys, google it).

If Marist has a QB that can throw, this might not be close. I have my ticket already and will be on the Marist side.
Marquardt (spelling?) is a stud. He can throw and run.

This will be the fastest and largest team Marist faces all year but HF is undisciplined and Marist will wear them down by 4th Q - Marist by 10

H-F is going to win this game. I know it won’t be a field goal, but they will win it.

This will be the fastest and largest team Marist faces all year but HF is undisciplined and Marist will wear them down by 4th Q - Marist by 10
They didn't seem too fast or undisciplined. Outside of LWE they just played well this year.

Brother Rice is rather undisciplined, fast and large.

If what you are saying is correct, I think HF wins.

Hf reminds me of the buffalo teams that always LOST in the Super Bowls , see ya next year

Topiary
I can’t agree with you more. I have said this about HF almost every year. Discipline replaces talent almost everytime. Football is a team sport and a good fundamentals and discipline will almost always out weigh individual talent. HF is always loaded with quote unquote D1 talent yet they lose to teams that just play better team football. Marist comes in as a well coached disciplined team. If Marist avoids getting getting behind early they will win.

Discipline won - HF too many turnovers and going for it on 4th downs. Marist and discipline (and better coaching) beat HFs speed and lack of discipline.

Reactions: Skins93 and WIU78
HF has better coaching than Rice by far. Rice had the better talent this year.

HF has better coaching than Rice by far. Rice had the better talent this year.

Marist completely dominates. Don’t think HF got a first down for almost 3 quarters.

You are aware Rice has 5 new coaches this season?

This thread should be 100% congratulation to marist excellent game.

Only thing Marist did wrong was fumbling the opening kickoff and giving HF some field position in the 3 Q other than that , solid football and game management by Marist. Btw pathetic HF crowd. Maybe 300 people. How does a school and community fail to support the team ? Marist was great considering the volleyball team is downstate

Reactions: Skins93 and WIU78
Marist completely dominates. Don’t think HF got a first down for almost 3 quarters.

You are aware Rice has 5 new coaches this season?

This thread should be 100% congratulation to marist excellent game.

Pretty much expected, except I expected HF to score. If Rice eventually experiences the consistent success that HF has I will stand corrected.

Pretty much expected, except I expected HF to score. If Rice eventually experiences the consistent success that HF has I will stand corrected.
Bones - this thread had nothing to do with Rice - Marist was better in all facets. And they were more disciplined. Hopefully Rice will get by Warren tonite so they can play against Marist again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT