ADVERTISEMENT

Marist 42, Marmion 0 Final

Marist has disappointed the past few years despite a ton of talent. One loss in double OT this year and they still haven’t cracked the top ten in most rankings. I’ve seen them play every game this year. They are methodical on the ground. Well coached and in shape. IMO they haven’t shown the ability to put teams away early when given the opportunity. Almost every game this year they’ve gone up 14-0 with a chance to make it 21-0 before half and instead either give up a TD going into the half or stall. Turnovers and penalties causing the stall. IF Marist figures out how to stay consistent for four quarters they will make a deep run in 8A. Cannot imagine this run without Ritter at the helm.

Reactions: eireog
Marist has disappointed the past few years despite a ton of talent. One loss in double OT this year and they still haven’t cracked the top ten in most rankings. I’ve seen them play every game this year. They are methodical on the ground. Well coached and in shape. IMO they haven’t shown the ability to put teams away early when given the opportunity. Almost every game this year they’ve gone up 14-0 with a chance to make it 21-0 before half and instead either give up a TD going into the half or stall. Turnovers and penalties causing the stall. IF Marist figures out how to stay consistent for four quarters they will make a deep run in 8A. Cannot imagine this run without Ritter at the helm.
I know there is nothing that can be done about last years record and how it shaped into Marist going to the Orange Division but Marist is better then the Orange Division. They traditionally have had strong teams, they had one off year and they drop from the Blue two years ago, to the Green now the Orange. I know that's just the way it worked out by the Conference rules but IMO they should be in the Blue with Iggy in the Orange, or at very least the Green with Rita in the Blue and Iggy in the Orange. Iggy had a rough go this year playing up in the Blue.

LWE/Marist would/will be a sweet playoff game.
If Ritter could beat the school he left it would make a great Disney Movie! 😀. And this is no way a dig at LWE, if Jonas Williams knocks on your door you answer it and Ritter knew that but the Disney movie we could spin it and make him the villain 😀

Reactions: Jenny27 and eireog
He is very good. Think the coaching change helps as well. A return to the Dunne era. I don’t want to say they were stagnant, because they weren’t bad in any way, but definitely not playing up to potential. I think they enter the playoffs as a definite contender.

Reactions: Jenny27
If Ritter could beat the school he left it would make a great Disney Movie! 😀. And this is no way a dig at LWE, if Jonas Williams knocks on your door you answer it and Ritter knew that but the Disney movie we could spin it and make him the villain 😀
Lol
Not going to happen and if they do play Marist will be taken to the wood shed IMO. East is playing on a different level and Marist is in the middle of the pack. Doesn’t mean they won’t put up a fight but East just to good. I don’t think anyone wants to play East in the first round.

• Haha
Reactions: UAGoofy
Lol
Not going to happen and if they do play Marist will be taken to the wood shed IMO. East is playing on a different level and Marist is in the middle of the pack. Doesn’t mean they won’t put up a fight but East just to good. I don’t think anyone wants to play East in the first round.
Thanks for killing the Disney moment bro. LOL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT