ADVERTISEMENT

Marian Central Catholic Hires Darren Fortin

lkhammer57

Jul 16, 2014
MCC announces their new head coach. Darren has been an assistant at Marian for a very long time, and many alumni have some great thoughts and memories of Coach Fortin. He is an alum of MCC and was a captain on the first state championship team in '83.

The hiring process turned into a little bit of a dumpster fire, but I think the community will be happy with this decision. Good luck Coach!

https://www.nwherald.com/2019/02/15...darren-fortin-as-head-football-coach/akygyvs/

GB Packer and former MC alumnus Bryan Bulaga has been very vocal the past couple of years about their coaching decisions. Think he'll throw his hat in the ring when he hangs up the cleats?

I'm still trying to understand the appeal of a local newspaper of dragging a private school and a high school coaching search basically thru the mud...anyone?

Reactions: kkhawk
GB Packer and former MC alumnus Bryan Bulaga has been very vocal the past couple of years about their coaching decisions. Think he'll throw his hat in the ring when he hangs up the cleats?
Not sure what Bryan will do when he is done, good to see he is happy with the decision. He is a very proud alum and it is good to be in his good graces. Bryan is a great guy, and I hope that they can get him more around more.

There is a large contingent that was loyal to the crews related to state championship years (penza/patton) and they was a distinct group after that. Those three candidates represented the spectrum, so there were a lot of competing loyalties, especially with Stenger in the mix. I'm thinking some reporter got caught up in that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT